Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,546 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

in search of whats wrong with me even though I already know

14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mm,

Thanks for sharing, it does help to know that we can combat this!

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

i feel like panic disorder is a vicious cycle - the more symptoms you have, the more you worry, then the more symptoms you have, then the more you worry and on and on until you stop it somehow.  For me, it was the "so what"...what's worst case scenario?  Even if its death - so what??? what are you going to do to stop it?? nothing!  i was haing in internal battle with my symptoms, paranoid thoughts etc. adn i just stopped fighting, i thought i was "giving up" and was kinda disappointed in myself, but what happened was my symptoms eased up...i did give up, and it helped!!!! I feel great now, not perfect, but much calmer.

14 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
roxi,

Everything you said I have also gone through.  Panic Attack symptoms fit nearly all diseases.  But it's just a panic attack.  I've been driving to work for a few months now.  Somthing I was not able to do.  I had to be dropped off and picked up everyday.  I have my set backs from time to time but I get through it.  Friday I was going to work and I got a big PA ,  I found myself driving so fast (and my car goes fast -09 Challenger w/5.7 Hemi) but only for about two or three blocks then I got to a light. I then realized that I've been here before (not to mention I could cause an accident).  I was to the point of shaking and hyperventalating.  I took a slow breath through my nose and slowly let it out through my lips and I calmed down. I was still shaking but, in control.  I then continued my drive to work calmly.  The more you challenge yourself the easier it gets.  That's what I'm learning. 
14 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
roxi,

Thanks for sharing, please know that you are not alone and the members do know where you are coming from.  It is ok to vent and let us know how your feeling.  Using the program can also help to identify and help you progress through everyday events and situations.

Please continue to post with us.

Josie, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It seems like everytime I get to the point where I tell my self that its just panic and not some deadly disease I have a set back. REcently they have been numbness and tingling in my pinky and ring finger and a vibrating sensation in my left foot. Overall after 8 months of everyday in fear my body is just just tired and sick of the panic I put it through and the symptoms are there bc of it. Last night I decided to stay at home alone with my 3 year old for the first time in a long time, I fretted all day as to what was going to happen, and sure enough when all my company left I had a big panic attack, I called my husband and he helped and I also prayed which helped most of all along with reading the bible, but I made it through it and this morning I felt so much better that I had made it through it. My biggest problem is always that I think  Im having a heart attack, so I went to my sisters and all day she was telling me about this show on discovery channel called "mystery diagnosis" and thought that I fit the sysmptoms of huntingtons diesease then we put all my sysmptoms on webmd sysmptom cheaker and anyway its a horrible idea to do this, my awesome day tured worse shortly after this(didnt help Iwent to walmrt I always want out of that place). So I going to keep trucking tonight by myself and hopefully I wont think all night about how there are all these other dieseases that fit my sysmptoms. Thank you for the vent I feel as if NOONE understands what Im going through and its nice to have you guys.

Reading this thread: