Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,551 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

A silly question

16 years ago 0 144 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys :D
16 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi madara I often used to feel like that when i panic but since I have learnt breathing exercises and have started using them to help with my pani attacks it has helped a ton. Plus I now know that whatever happens my body knows how to breathe and it won't let me stop breathing. So I agree with Lorlee on that one. Anyway, hope this helps. Hang in there and remember this too shall pass! -Diva
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Madara, Feeling like you can't catch your breath during a panic attack is quite common. Please keep working through the program. You'll learn what triggers some of your panic attacks and what skills such as deep breathing can be helpful to you in stopping your attacks before they start. Danielle ____________________ The PC Support Team
16 years ago 0 165 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Madara, I think I might know what you mean. Do you think you will not catch your breath? Or perhaps you are hyperventilating and breathing so fast that you might just pass out? Breathing is such a natural part of being human and is automatic. Have you ever seen a child throwing a tantrum and they almost turn themselves blue from holding their breath? No matter what our breathing reflex kicks in. If you are having an attack try to slow your breathing down (I inhale to the count of 4 and exhale to the count of 6)do whatever helps you just to be calm till the feeling passes. As we all know the feeling does eventually pass. I hope this helped.
17 years ago 0 144 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Maybe I haven't found the right word in English...but it is when I am out of air, can't breath and so on?
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Madara, Can you be more specific? Danielle _____________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hmm maybe my question is silly but what do you mean by smother?
17 years ago 0 144 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am sorry for my silly question, but ... can I smother while having a panic attack and what should I do not to smother? Thanks. :)

Reading this thread: