Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Methacholine Breathing Test

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, Start challenging those anxious thoughts. Your fellow member has made an excellent point. If you have questions about your test, ask for an explanation. The unknown can be scary. Danielle ____________________ The PC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes just breathe good advice :)
17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Diva. I guess that does make sense. i was thinking about that too today....that they would not do a dangerous test. And even if it was dangerous, they would have warned me in some way or another. But apparently its harmless! Ok , i can do this....just breathhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)
17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Listen i haven't ever had that test done. but i still have a few things to say. When do i not? Well, if it was a dangerous test they could not handle they would NOT do it! So if they do it, it means it is safe wether you react or not. The first oath a doctor takes is to do no harm! Now the second thing i want to say is congratulations on going for your other tests today! I am very proud of you! You go girl! -Diva
17 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone, Quick question, did anyone ever have a "methacholine challenge test" done? I believe it is a breathing test to check for lung problems such as asthma. Reason why i'm asking is because i'm having this done soon. I'm soooooooooooooooooo nervous cause they have to spray the methacholine in the lungs and see if the lungs react to it (in a bad way that is). WHAT KIND OF TEST IS THIS? So if I do react to it, i'm gonna have breathing problems right ther??? I'm freaking out a bit here. I just had some breathing tests done today (not methacholine) and i was nervous enough for that!!! Let me know if you heard anything about this. Thanks so much! p.s: Nobody is ever on cbt buddies :(....i saw diva once though hehe ;)

Reading this thread: