Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

checking pulse in neck

17 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi ann i dont find my self checking my pulse cause my heart is beating so fast and hard i can feel every pulse point without even touching it i find if i breath in my nose and out my mouth it helps with this the fast heart and hard beats always seem to start my panic if i can get this heart rate under control in a timely manner seems i dont have a bad attack the main point here is breath and try hard to relax get your mind thinking of a safe place(somewhere you enjoy could be the beach your back yard any where) think that your there feel yourself there when you breath in smell the different smells of your place (like the salt in the air at the beach the smells of flowers in your garden) picture yourself doing the things you like at your place (dont forget breath in threw your nose and out threw your mouth) after i do this i feel soo much better very relaxed hope this helps some DONT FORGET TO SMILE GAL
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ann, Try concentrating on your breathing instead of your pulse. It will give you something else to focus on and will lower your heart rate. Also allows you to exhert some control over your body and anxiety. Breath in through your nose, counting 1,2,3, Breath out through your mouth, counting 1,2,3, Breath in & out as deeply and slowly as you can. Do this ten times, longer if needed. Hope this helps, Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Whenever I get anxious and panicky I always check my pulse in my neck. This makes me more anxious as it is usually racing. Does anyone else do this, and if so, how do you stop yourself from checking??? I seem to check mine all the time!!! Sorry if this sounds like a ridiculous topic - but I am just curious. Thanks

Reading this thread: