Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

What have you learned?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.759 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,772 Members

Please welcome our newest members: A_Cyclist, Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151

Terrified

18 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Gina, I would love to chat -- I am home all this week and will be logged on throughout the day....Just have to run some errands and take my mother in law and aunt in law out to the mall...and will be studying away...but will be at the computer:-) How are you feeling today? Kel, I know what you mean about getting through the bar ads when everything is still fresh in my mind...I am definitely going to take a prep. course and study for all those 'wonderful' exams! But right now I have one exam that I have to pass -- my least favourite law, Equity & Trusts...I definitely want to practice law, but the feeling comes and goes...sometimes, I just want to stay home with the kids...My husband and I don't have kids yet...I can imagine your job being extremely stressful, but like so many things there is the good and the bad... Thank you Gina & Kel for all your help... I hope to see you online so we can chat:-) Have a good one... Best, B
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I also lost motivation after my second year. It's a rough three years, I can tell you that. I recommend plowing through the exam and the bar while all the information is still fresh in your mind. Definitely take a bar prep course, they are essential to passing the bar. As far as doubting yourself, I still do it. I work in criminal defense, for indigents, and it is a tough, depressing job. It can also be very stressful. I work very hard at relaxation and managing my work related and other anxiety. One great tip: once you leave the office, leave all work related thoughts there as well. My job is very depressing b/c all my clients are juveniles, and they just keep screwing up and eventually end up in prison. The job is also extremely reward at times, and that's what I live for. I had a client with a rap sheet a mile long, just involving domestic battery in the home. Well, at one point, he refused to leave the jail, stating that he would just be back in trouble if he went back home. Turns out his parents were beating the crap out of him with whips, brooms and other assorted weapons, and they would call the cops if he fought back. We got him into foster care, and I'm proud to say that on Thursday he will have successfully completed his probation. The whole difference in his life is that I helped to get him out of the abusive household. Cases like that make up for everything else you have to put up with. Law, at this point, is working out for me. But if it doesn't work out for you, there are tons of law related jobs that don't require that you practice law. Just do whatever is right for you.
18 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
b, happy to hear you are doing better.let me know when you want to chat. gina
I am doing okay. today...my nieces and nephews were visiting so that was great....they made me forget about my anxiety...I am going to take one day at a time as well...as for the relapse, no worries, remember we are strong and can manage anything that comes our way...Make sure you make time for yourself and relax:-) You take care and I hope to see you online... B
hi B, i had a good weekend its when i came home i got depressed a little. but today i am feeling better. one day at a time. that is what i have to live by. dont worry about tomarrow. just get threw today. anyways i took a week off work. my husbands orders.we have been getting alond great until my relapse yesturday. he thought if we go away for the weekend it would cure me i guess lol. i am getting better though.how are you feeling today? post me back! gina
Gina, How was your weekend? I hope you had a great time!! I hope we can chat online now...I have managed to download the program and seems to be working... Thank you for your kind words -- I guess I am falling even further and yet trying not to...Want to stay out of that hole:-( How are you doing? Kel, How was law school for you? I loved learning, but felt that I lost motivation half way through, maybe I was burned out...not sure...I thought this was what I wanted to do, and now I am self-doubting myself...I don;t want to lose a year and not qualify for the bar:-( Thank you and have a wonderful night. B
I just finished law school -- i have one more exam to write, but I just don't have it in me right now...but I know if I postpone I will lose a year...I am afraid of not finishing...The anxiety and panic attacks have taken so much out of me.... Gina, thank you...I am trying so hard to be strong...I keep thinking that I can do this...but again the anxiety wins...I am so exhausted...emotionally, mentally, physically -- I don't know what to do anymore... Anxious :-(
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to hear things aren't going well. Law school is difficult and very stressful at times. It is possible, however, to get through it, even with anxiety and panic attacks. I had a heck of a time my third year of law school, lots of missed classes because of anxiety, but I got through it. Do lots of relaxation, at least one session per day, and set small goals for yourself, e.g., today I will attend one of my two classes...if you make that goal, try for the second class. What year will you be in?
B, YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE. FOR GOD SAKES YOU ARE IN LAW SCHOOL. I DIDNT EVEN FINISH HIGH SCHOOL GIVE YOURSELF SOME CREDIT.REMEBER YOU GOT YOUR SELF THIS FAR. YOU CAN DO IT. PLEASE DONT FALL IN TO THAT BLACK HOLE THAT WE ARE TRYING SO HARD TO STAY OUT OF. HAVE SOME CONFIDENCE IN YOUR SELF. YOU ARE SMART! HUGS GINA
I am not sure what to do. My anxiety is at a high level -- My law school is not understanding and I am in this mess. I am feeling so tired and panicky...I feel like I am falling, lower and lower. I am trying to be so strong and remain positive, but the feelings of failure are winning... B

Reading this thread: