Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

To drunk to function.

8 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Me101,

So glad that you have joined this forum.  This is a good place to get nonjudgemental support and lots to learn from others posts.  How are you doing now?

Julie
8 years ago 0 315 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
drink to function for me is more function to drink. If I have one I am off to the races per say, can't seem to stop. It is the first one that gets me. 
8 years ago 0 315 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh I can totally relate. I went into a bar once near the end for 1 drink. I really didn't want more then one. 4 hours later I was at another bar couldnt find my keys or phone. Totally smashed all because I couldn't have just 1. One it too many 100 not enough. 
8 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Me101,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. It sounds like it lead to a realization that needed to happen though. What do you want to take away from the experience?  What do you want to remember?
Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Next time, see how you mind tricks into buying booze. That is powerlessness. Knowledge/Fear alone will not make you stay stopped, you will have to have a psychic change like the doctor (Dr Silkworth) calls it in the book Alcoholics Anonymous.

8 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been waiting a few months now to return to a steakhouse I went to last year with a friend. The last time I had been drinking for 6 days prior to going out, and when I went to eat my meal that night my system blocked I couldn`t eat, and stopped drinking nothing was going in. The rest of the night was a desaster. This Saturday we went back to the same restaurant, and I told myself (for the last few months) that I would be responsible, and drink less this time. Wrong. by the time we entered the restaurant I was drunk, I ordered my meal a $35.00 fillet mignion steak, and a $40.00 bottle of red wine. I ended up spilling my glass of wine all over my shirt and pants. I was drenched. I told everybody it doesn`t matter and kept on eating my meal drenched. By the time the bill came I was so drunk I couldn`t figure out how to pay for my meal. Luckily my cousin payed for it, and I reinbursed him the next day. To drunk to pay for my meal. WOW! Drinking is realy not fun anymore. I mean it has become terrible. everytime I drink now its something else. I have lost control completely.

Reading this thread: