Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Just a thought

4 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I love that thought Lynn123!

Strangely, it is kind of in line with a thought I have been thinking lately: The pain of change is nothing compared to the pain of regret.

hors,
All this mental work you are doing now will make the transition easier, once you are ready. In the mean time we are here rooting you on!

Thanks for sharing,

Ashley, Health Educator
4 years ago 0 557 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Lynn,

I was talking to my son last night and he was telling me his sisters are going to Al-Anon and they cry and it just broke my mother's heart. He never says anything but last night he said " I know you have been drinking tonight. It is not because I never say anything that I do not know" . Ouch!! It hurts.

I am minding myself to stop again... for good. Very soon. I realize I am not only hurting myself but I am also hurting people I love and it is not right.

M
4 years ago 0 347 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck this week hors controle!

Lynn
Hi Lynn,

The meeting with the client went well but I did have a few drinks before going. This was stupid because I do not need to drink before meeting clients. I guess I just got bored and tried to kill time with drinking.... I am working every evening this coming week. I will have to be on my guard
I just came across this and thought I would share.

Don't fear failure.  Fear being in the exact same place next year as you are today.
hors controle, 

How did things go with your clients the other night?  Hope things are getting better for you!

Lynn
Thank you Lynn and Foxman,

I did think about detox centre for a while but being self employed and without insurance I cannot afford to go away for so long. Yesterday, I drank more than one bottle, I even drive my car after a few glasses. I hate when I do this. I just forget I could have to go to jail if I get arrested... again.

I have clients to see tonight and I made up my mind I was not going to drink even if the cravings become too harsh. One day at the time. Again. 
hors controle,

Sorry to hear the last few days did not go as you wanted.  In another thread you mentioned that you were no longer in denial.  I see that as an accomplishment.  It also seems that you are becoming more aware of some of the negative affects on alcohol on your body.  Getting back on track is no easy task.  Use your accomplishments to keep you moving in the right direction.  I hope today has been better for you.

Lynn
4 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hors, may be you can look into detoxification option if you have insurance. Under supervised care, you can relax and look at your options. In fact the Doctors Opinion talks about it. You are in a phase where craving/obsession has taken over, it takes deep perseverance to come out of it.
Hi Lynn,

Did not go too well. The only thing I managed was not starting to drink before 4 or 5 in the afternoon. Yesterday I started earlier and my daughter noticed it while we were talking on the phone.

I already  see all the bad about drinking. My hot flashes are back, I do not sleep as well, my energy level is down as well as my bank account .

Reading this thread: