Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Gaining momentum (hopefully)

9 years ago 0 1009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lynn,

Glad you're back. How were things this weekend? The summer is always littered with land mines that serve to blow up our progress. Stay focused!

All the best,

Dave
9 years ago 0 56 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Lynn

Congrats on day 4 of Af   . Only we know when we have had enough and if you are realizing it and it feels different it probably is because it is . I too tired in that last 21 years to be af couple of times ... and now finally my body is exhausted from it all ....the physical the mental all of it. It is still hard dont get me wrong but I am just sick and tired. 

It seems you are starting to be more af then with it and if you feel like you dont even want it then that is good :) Wishing you all the best on the holiday and the weekend . 

Junes 

9 years ago 0 347 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, after a short "technology vacation" I am back.  I am currently day 4 of being AF.  I did 4 days a few weeks ago but had told myself that I could have drinks on Friday, which I did.  I have had a few nights here and there of being AF but going for many days is new to me.  Until a few weeks ago I could count on one hand the number of times I had been AF in about 13 years.

Something this time seems different.  I am in e US and tomorrow is a big holiday for us and even though I know that I could drink, I don't think that I will.  I think I have realized that my body needs to rid the alcohol before I go back to it. Only time will tell but I am feeling pretty positive about it right now.

Zoey, Dave, hope you are well.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Reading this thread: