Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

day 6

11 years ago 0 108 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thank you Samatha and foxman. 

I have just finished reading Bills story in the AA book, pretty remarkable. I will be looking up those links foxman thank you. I will be reading this book over and over again. I will be journaling my feelings etc Samantha , I have spent over 15 years holding all my feelings and traumas i experienced in hence dealing with them destructively . this site and everyone here has supported me and helped me so much .  I have to honest with me feelings now at all times good or bad and learn to accept them and deal with them. I think that is one way to my recovery. I have lived in denial for far to long.

Thank you again 

11 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello junebug, 

Thank you for opening up to us about this experience. I am glad to hear that you have decided to journal your experience as per Ashley's suggestion. Keep strong, work through the online program and know that we are here for you. 

All the best today and tomorrow. 

Samantha, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Junebug,
     Appreciate your honesty. Yes it is a difficult phase but we have to try not picking up the first drink. There reason I say try is, I now know the powerlessness and the unmanageability the book called Alcoholics Anonymous talks about. The founder of AA Bill W was in the hospital first time when Dr. Silkworth talks about how warped our mind are and when it comes to alcohol we are weak willed. But this knowledge did not sober him up. Second time he came into the hospital, the doctor pronounced that he will either die or be committed to the insane asylum. This time fear kept him sober. But few weeks later he drank again. The third time his friend comes by and he was sober 2 months using some spiritual tools and Bill applies those and only then he remained sober for rest of his life. Fascinating story, you may listen to it here:

http://xa-speakers.org/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=158
http://xa-speakers.org/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=159

Those spiritual tools are now the 12 steps of AA. There are now millions of alcoholics who have recovered using those spiritual tools.

11 years ago 0 108 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hello Everyone 

well it was today last week that I ended up going on a huge binge . I was angry with a situation and didnt want to feel anymore so i drowned it all in alcohol . Drank until i forgot and i literally forgot . I drank until sat morning and wow Sunday was the the biggest day of shame and all time low. I have had an emotional hang over for about 4 days so it was quite easy for me to not drink because of all the shame and guilt i was feeling from that last binge. The work and hardship starts now. i am starting to feel better . My mind is already second guessing my choice to stay sober ...thinking things like ...no it wasnt thaaat bad... drinking to about 7 am and blacking out at times ...no thats not bad ..not nad enough to stop drinking for ever .....its not like you have done this before..oh wait you have for over 15 years . I am scared , i am scared of pressure from work and friends and just the thought of never drinking again scares me . the weird part is that i do feel good about it tooo its just this is the battle of it and it begins , I know full on that i am sick with this alcoholism . Like Ahley said I will be writing a journal of my everyday feelings good or bad, i will aso go back to my posts that i had written here that following sunday six days ago and carry what I wrote with me because I will not relive that again. Today is day 6 and I have not had one drink today or for the past 6 days and I look forward to a sober tomorrow.

Reading this thread: