Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

New to this site

11 years ago 0 616 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Hope for your kind words.  I agree, its very frustrating for the candidate when the requirements change.  I think I might have had a good chance at landing that job and now it's not looking good.  I haven't lost hope yet, you never know what can happen right?  Like Vincenza said, I showed great initiative by offering to further develop my skills in French.  I'm anxious to see their response to my email today.  I think I'll know for sure one way or the other, the outcome of this job.

Today is my last working day this week and I am seriously considering having a couple drinks tonight, especially since Turquoise made sure I don't have my usual Friday binge by starting our sobriety challenge tomorrow.    I'm still on the fence about it since I feel I've been doing so good this week by staying sober since Saturday.  I don't want to screw it up and drink too much tonight, but at the same time, I'd love to have a relaxing drink on the deck this evening.  I have also lost one lb so far and I don't want to screw that up either.  

Hi Zulu1010, feel free to join our one week sobriety goal with us.  We are not going to judge anyone who has a drink along the way, we are challenging ourselves to see if we can reach that one week goal.  I have yet to go beyond 6 days so this is a good motivation for me to stay sober for one full week.  I'm not even sure I can get through the weekend without drinking, but I'm certainly going to give it a try.  The weekend, especially Friday is my day to really pound them back, starting this challenge on a Friday is going to be tough for me, but I'm really going to try.  I hope just knowing that all my other Moga friends are not drinking, will motivate me to abstain.  

Off to work now, have a great day friends.

11 years ago 0 325 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is fantastic fellow MOGA...Keep up the good work...I had a bit of a lapse last night..Drank half the bottle of wine but as the quote said today on this site, failure is not a person it is a thing...so I am back and looking forward to Friday and a week of not drinking...Have a wonderful day everyone of you out there...
11 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi  Zulu 1010, it's the name of our group, who will try 1 week of abstinence starting from tomorrow. Since most of us are into moderation rather then being totally sober, Turquoise found the name of Moderation Gang MOGA. What do you think?

Camiol, you are a very strong women spending the night alcohol free after such a disappointment. I cant think of myself doing so.. Bravo! I'm sure you will change your job for a better one with this motivation and will you send to the universe:) I really got angry with the companies who change the job description and competencies after they start the hiring process. It's disaapointing for candidates, as well as for us as headhunters and waste of time for all parties. But anyway.. may be this wasnt your dream company by doing so..

I couldnt find Kudzu as roots here, but will try to find it as supplements. I am also anxious to try it. I spent an alcohol free night with my daughter and slept at 23.00 after reading 1 hour. I feel good except hot weather..

I wish you all a good day.. see you later..

11 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just reading through the messages and curious what moga is??
11 years ago 0 161 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One drink at dinner. Period.

I hope this keeps working because I feel so much better in every way.

Thanks Black Pearl for your positive words.  I didn't let this upset cause me to drink and Im feeling ok.  I do believe that everything happens for a reason, that our life paths are laid out for us at birth.  I am staying positive that I will get out of this stressful job when the time is right.  Thank you for the information about kudzu, I'm very anxious to start taking it.

Thank you Vincenza for remaining hopeful for me.  Whatever happens with this job, I won't let it control my emotions or push me back to that dark place.

I feel so fortunate to have found this site, and made so many amazing friends.  The support of  all the health educators is beyond compare.  Thanks so much to all of you.  Have a great evening.
11 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yes Camiol,  hang in there, keep positive thoughts!!  Don't drink because of this. Do you believe that everything in our life is planned? So please take it easy even though you cannot get this job, maybe some other job is going to offer you better, who knows, anyway it is not final yet. Just wait and see.
I have been taken Kudzu for more than 3 months, I bought the Kudzu root in the Chinese supermarket and boil the soup as tea to drink quite often.  It helps not even to subside the crave of alcohol, fast recovery from hangover, and also to balance the 'chi' in the body.  It is very common in the Chinese community to boil the Kudzu soup. Unfortunately you don't have any Chinese supermarket in your area.
Hi to all the Mogas and other Ladies, are you doing fine? 
Sleep beauty time to me again. I have to start working at 6:30am tomorrow.
Takes care and best wishes and sweet dreams to you all.
BP
11 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Camiol & Mogas,

Camiol, I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!  You showed great initiative by your willingness to take French courses.  I hope that counts towards what sounds like a solid interview.  It sounds like you gave your best shot at landing this job.  Whether you get it or not is out of your control.  But what you can control is your positive attitude and your resolve to cut back on drinking.  Continue to stay strong
Wishing you good luck in your work and in your health goals!

Vincenza, Health Educator
Hey Moga....just a quick update about that job interview I had a couple weeks ago.  I got an email today from the person who interviewed me.  She said she was finally able to speak to the hiring manager and that the requirements of the job have changed to be bilingual and she was wondering if I speak french.  I emailed her back and said I know some French but not fluently, however, because I'm so interested in the job I'd would be happy to take a course to become fluent in the language.  Not sure if that will get me a better shot at the job, but I think they'd probably want someone fully bilingual from the onset.  I think my odds of getting the job have been seriously diminished.  I'm bummed but not much I can do about it.  I would love a drink to drown my sorrow, I really wanted this job in a big way, but I won't let this disappointment make me drink.  I haven't been told that I'm no longer in the running for the job yet, so there is still a very slight chance.  Keep positive thoughts ok?
11 years ago 0 161 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy to be a Moga!

Tonight will be hard because my favorite show is on, it's two hours, and that's usually a heavy drinking time for me. I'm taking my husband out for dinner first (one of my rewards for being moderate), and that will be a temptation too if it's a place with a full bar.

More opportunities to exercise self control! Yay!  

I'm taking a weekend trip to my hometown to visit a cousin and friend who don't drink. In the past it's been a nice getaway from my home drinking routine. I plan for that to be the case this time too.

Reading this thread: