Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

New to this site

11 years ago 0 616 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good morning MoGa friends....I wanted to let you know that I did control my drinking at our family BBQ yesterday, firstly because I wanted to and second, because I had to drive home.  When I got home I ended up drinking about
 half a bottle of wine, that is where I lost control.  Stupid wine does it to me every time.  Thankfully I didnt get really drunk, I typically black out with wine, this time I didn't, but that doesn't excuse me from drinking too much.  I've been reading foxmans posts about alcoholism and I'm starting to believe that he is right about no such thing as an alcoholic being able to moderate their drinking, and that we, or should I say I, fool myself into thinking I can be a "normal" drinker.  The fact is that over the past two years or so the disease has progressed to the point where I'm drinking way more alcohol, and a lot more often than a "normal" drinker drinks.  So here I sit and  ask myself, do I want to become totally abstinent for my health and my family, or do I let this disease win because I do love to drink and I  enjoy the fun that I have when I have a few drinks?  Therein lies the question.  
11 years ago 0 325 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Morning and thanks so much for your positive comments. I did not miss the hang over this morning and I loved remembering everything that happened. It is also lots of giggles watching others getting wasted...Turquoise, sounds like you have it under control girl and avoiding the triggers is key. I love the fact that you do your research and keep us all up to date on important things you learn that can help all of us..You are a very caring thoughtful person. 
Love it Jessica, yes there have been many a 12 pack pass through these lips..Trying to change that scene. I love thw quote of the day on this site...Wanted to share it if you missed it. Happy Sunday MOGA's...

Quote of the Day:
Failure does not count. If you accept this, you'll be successful. What causes most people to fail is that after one failure, they'll stop trying.
- Frank Burford
11 years ago 0 409 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jessica is right - sticking to 2 beers in a situation like that is not bad at all, Marylizy! If you can do that every time you go out with friends, you are doing well. Keep on keepin' on.

BP, as always, I am amazed at your control. How are the withdrawals from your medication going? Any better? And Camiol & Hope? How are your weekends coming along? I love knowing that we all keep coming back here to be honest with ourselves through the good circumstances and bad. I always look forward to hearing from you all.

I'm totally avoiding all my trigger situations right now, which is helping me a lot. Watching the Olympics has been a fun distraction. They will continue during my entire road trip, which will be a much better way to spend my evenings visiting family and friends than going out for dinners / drinks.
11 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
2 bottles of beer?  It sure sounds like you 'exercised self control' tonight... way to go... still sounds like a victory to me... you are here and posting, not sitting at a pub getting wasted...  what 2 beer really means is that you did not drink the other 10 to make it a twelve pack....

good for you :)
11 years ago 0 325 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry to say I did not make the challenge tonight. I had 2 bottles of beer while out listening to music with friends...Will get back on the program tomorrow...MoGa's rule and 2 is really great for me...in the past it would have been many more..Thanks for the support...tomorrow is another day to win....Nite all.
Thanks, Jessica. The unconditional support on this site is so great. This is my second day sober on my second "sobriety round" since I joined this forum. Right when I joined, I went nineteen days sober, followed by several weeks of very moderate drinking. I haven't had a single binge since my first logon here, and this time I am planning to go seven days sober before continuing with moderate drinking. I love the support from my Moga buddies - even (and especially) those who have decided that this isn't the time yet for them to try it. I hope everyone is having a good, healthy weekend!

I'm thinking I should do a sobriety challenge for myself every couple of months, just to keep me honest about my ability to say no. I think I'll call it my Moga Challenge. 
11 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'd just like to pop in here to congratulate each and every one of you on your commitment to control and to yourselves.  Way to go!! :)
11 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am living in Toronto for almost 20 years. When the time I don't have to work to pay bills, I like to move to the small town or a little bit up north. Toronto now is too busy, yes good for jobs but I love quiet life.
Yes, I will stick to 'no touch' to brandy, even less red wine. Friut wine cooler only has 7% alcohol, so I believe I could be a member of the Mogas.  : )
Mogas, we should proud of us, right.  No hangover, and be sober!
Black Pearl

11 years ago 0 616 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Northeastern Ontario Canada.  I've lived here all my life.  I have friends in  Seattle and my stepmom lived in Phoenix AZ for many years.  It's nice to know where we generally live, it kind of gives more insight to who we are speaking with and where in the world they live.  Glad you asked the question ElizabethRRRR.  

Southern Arizona. I am a desert rat and love the southwest (as long as I avoid the current politics). I spent many years in Seattle when I was in college and loved that, as well....

Reading this thread: