Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,784 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA, RBORBON

Hi I?m Robert

7 years ago 0 11223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome helpseeker,

It has been awhile since you posted last, how are you doing today? What are your challenges and successes so far?
Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 1562 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Robert, welcome to AHC. Can you elaborate what you mean by AA being Formal? There are several kinds of meetings. You could just go to Speaker meetings and see if you can identify with the persons story and see if you can relate. There are open discussion meetings. But most of them tend to carry diluted messages. If you really serious and looking for solution, you may visit meetings that are based on the basic Text Alcoholics Anonymous. They are called Big Book meetings. Either way, AA is about offering you a different attitude toward life. Our mind always wants to be in a comfortable place. AA will help you transcend your mind.
7 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've only been on for a week but find it very helpful. The toolbox is great, the personal blog is helpful to me as a journal almost. It has given me accountability without having to commit to meetings. I've been on everyday and the forums are very helpful to keeping up my motivation. Good Luck to you!
7 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is the third time I've quit. But never got the support I needed. I'm hoping this forum will help. I tried AA meetings, but they were way to formal for me.   

Reading this thread: