Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Realizing you have an actual problem

13 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi!
I'm come to realize I have an actual drinking problem. Where to start would be difficult for me, but I came to realize, last night, I definetely CAN'T have just ONE drink. Drinking just about half a beer pushes me off the hedge, next thing I knew I spent all my money and still wanted more. My relationship with my BF is getting worst because of my drinking. I promised him I would stop and feel ashamed I wasn't able to say " no thanks "  last night. 

Before my drinking problem, I was very active, I never smoke or drank. I used to go to the gym 3 times a week and go for 100km bike rides. Lately, I've been hung over so often, just thinking about going to the gym give me an headache. I think its obvious to me I should quit drinking and replace it with the gym, like I used to do, but I am so afraid to slip.

Its been almost a month I want to quit, but I was more thinking about cutting down, and since I made this decision, about 1 month ago, when I got a bike accident driving way too drunk, I slip more then once. I drink one and I just slip... next thing I know I was absolutely wasted. This is why I came to this forum. I have to do an actual action to actually stop drinking. Like one of my friend who quit and has been sober for 6 months now said, " to quit drinking is doing nothing, you have to take action in order of doing something which is actually doing nothing ( not drinking ) " So I think, if I start coming to this forum, this would be my action Im doing to stop. I'll try to be active in this forum, reading other people post as well. Maybe using this thread I just created to write down my progress...

Reading this thread: