Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

July 27, 2012

11 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Cindi!
It sounds like you've had a really tough time, but I'm glad you're here and taking charge of your future. I'm new here too, just over a week quit but the support here is wonderful. We will all help you, support you and push you. You can do this! ((hugs)) Alexa
11 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Cindi -- you can do this.....you've dealt with alot in the past you....you can deal with this, too, AND feel better for your efforts.  Read all you can.  Immerse yourself in the postings and blogs......SO many people have shown that quitting IS possible....YOU can do this, too!   You're worth the effort.

Keep the Quit,

Dave
  • Quit Meter

$50,878.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1133 Hours: 12

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Cindi!!!

Welcome and congrats on your decision to gain your freedom back from the nico-demon!  I know it sounds daunting right now, but I promise that you CAN do this!  Like Ashley said below, preparation is key!  You know the 6-P's?   Proper Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance!!!  Follow them and you will be rewarded!  The program is great and all of your new quit buddies will be here to help you along the way!  You have picked a quit date that will allow you to prepare fully, choose a NRT (if you chose to go that route) and start getting psyched up for the day you start on this epic journey!  

I love the determination you have echoed, as a Positive Mental Attitude will take you a LONG way on this journey.  Try to eliminate the negative thoughts about the process right from the very beginning.  Keep telling yourself how great it is going to be to be free from the hold the demon has had on you for all these years!  Keep telling yourself that you CAN do this and nothing is going to stop you!  I'm telling you that this is a huge part of a successful quit!

Go through all the milestones in the Program and browse and participate in conversations as you see fit!  If you have a question, just ask!!!  You have a bunch of new quit buddies now who are going to be rooting you on to success!  Keep smiling!!!  

Jim 
  • Quit Meter

$44,595.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1067 Hours: 9

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 11221 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Cyndi!

I am so sorry to hear about losing your husband and home. I commend your incredible strength for using this difficult time to motivate you to change your life and quit smoking. Please be present to your courage! I certainly am, wow!

To start, read through the program. The more information you can arm yourself with the better equipped you will be to fight this. Also, plan on posting and reading often in the support group. Many member use the support group not only as a tool for motivation and support but also a new behaviour to replace smoking. For example, posting with your morning coffee instead of smoking.  You will also want to set up a rewards system. Be sure to reward yourself often. Rewards are important behaviour change tools.

The 27th sounds like a great quit date! Keep us updated on your preparation.

Looking forward to reading more from you!

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 44 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cyndi:
Welcome!!. One of the reasons when I decided to take my life back I came to this site for the overwhelming support every one gets here. It is motivating, encouraging and exhilirating at the same time.

You can do it!! We can help!!
11 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Friday, July 27, 2012 will be my 51st birthday and the first day I will NOT smoke. This last year has wrought the most horrific events on my life and I am determined to take my life back!  Having lost my husband of 26 years in Februrary, losing my house and everything I've known for almost three decades, I am taking control and fighting for my life back.

I am scared spitless!  I welcome all support and encouragement...GAWD knows I'm going to need you all! 

Reading this thread: