Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Did you know?

16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
New me, As horrifying as it is to read the first two sentences it's relieving to know that everything you are doing now is working towards reversing the damage that been done already. Stay strong in your quit and your lungs will begin to clean and strengthen as time goes on. Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks for that info...it is encouraging new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 326 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,824 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,630.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The more people smoke, the longer they smoke, and the earlier they start smoking, the more likely they are to develop lung cancer. Smokers of two or more packs a day have lung cancer mortality rates 15 to 25 times greater than non-smokers. If smokers stop smoking before cancer has started, their lung tissue tends to repair itself, even if there were already precancerous changes. Former smokers who haven�t smoked for 15 or more years have lung cancer mortality rates only somewhat above those for non-smokers. Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: