Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Relapsed Starting over again..

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lolly, Thank you for your support this morning. Yes I have proved to myself that it can be done. Which means I can do it again as long as I presevere.

Red. 
nonic, Thank you for your post this morning is it much appreciated..

Red.
10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post Nonic!

Red, no one said it was easy, BUT it can be done.  You are doing it.

Whatever it takes, just don't smoke! 

Love Lolly.    
10 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red:

You have got the winter blues badly...But you are being honest with yourself and that is a very good thing.  This is a tough fight.  It is a personal struggle and each of us takes it on in our own way and time.  Please do not defeat yourself by being unduly hard on yourself.  Addiction is not a walk in the park, neither is life.  But in life we can choose to take a walk in the park sometimes. Take a walk in the park now and be proud of the progress that you have made.

You are dealing with some really tough stuff, but I can see that you are making progress.  And I think that you are grateful for the progress you have made.  Gratitude is always a wonderful experience.  It is, for me, one of the things that gets me from here to there.  If, in the worst of times, we can find one thing for which to be grateful we can always go for a walk in the park...

stay well

nonic
  • Quit Meter

$66,486.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1302 Hours: 0

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the support and pep talk.and of course the PMA..
          "Positive Mental Attitude..As Always"..

Red...
10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Rose!!!

I posted a message to you in another thread earlier today with my little pep talk!  N.O.P.E. !!!  This IS your year, Buddy!!!    We're all rooting for you!

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,220.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1058 Hours: 8

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Update on my stats meter and other thoughts

My original quit date was April 30 2012 the day I want into the hospital for major kidney surgery. That is the day I started my road to recovery from cigarettes and nicotine. It will be two years this coming April 30 since I started this journey and yes I have had three setbacks this last year. I have decided in all fairness to set my quit meter ahead to May 14 2012 to reflect the days I lost to these relapses. Yes I relapsed but the benefit that I received from almost two years smoke free has not been lost. My heart and lungs thank me tell me this every day. I can walk down a road or up a hill now and breath with ease which is something I never could do while smoking or using nicotine. I was diagnosed with diabetes and cardio vascular disease this last year and have been working hard on my diet and exercise to slow down the progression of these conditions. I am starting a diabetes medication today this is my second attempt at taking it. So as you can see smoking can not be in the picture for me if I want to continue to have a chance at a happy and healthy life..Yes this does sometimes feel like a new quit emotionally but my Heart and Lungs tell me different..So I am going to follow my heart and do my best to continue where I left off and concentrate on staying the course and staying quit.

Red..
Dear Lolly,

Thank you for your words of wisdom this morning.They are much appreciated.
I needed a little push and reminder today, to stay the course with my quit..

Sincerely,
Red...

10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Roses,

I'm so sorry to see you here, but, you have turned around and decided to fight back!  Good for you!  Do not be too hard on yourself, but, at the same time, be really determined not to allow a single thing to distract you from your quitting goal!

You said - "So this morning I am paying attention to my feeling and needs. I will acknowledge and feel my emotions. I will eat if hungry. I will rest when when tired. I make sure I get enough sleep and I will not smoke to cover up or deal with my feeling anymore..It is my resolve to be mindful of  HALT always."

Whatever it takes to help you - think on it, or do it.  You do not want another repeat performance, as it drags you down to fail....Instead be tough on the Nicodemon (or your addiction) and refuse to allow him to take you down to his level.

Whatever it takes, just don't smoke!!!

Love Lolly.    
Day 2 is turning out to be a pretty good day..and another lesson learned this time around.
Still taking it easy this time and just going with the flow of it. Also being very mindful that keeping my quit is my main priority right now..
Self care is the most important part of my staying quit....

Red..

Reading this thread: