Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Help, please.

17 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll ask again, So Pat, how did it go? You still with us? Best Wishes Penitent d1079
  • Quit Meter

$56,969.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 7

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pat, Ask yourself how serious you are about your quit and how badly you want it... THAT is the real question. When I quit, smoking was never an option... When we quit, we put them down and smoking is just not an option... so adopt this philosophy if you'd like and it will change your quit forever! Build up your coping skills and ground yourself, dear one. I have gained weight, and I am working on losing it, my friend! Lung cancer - well there are no choices there, Pat. Soooo - look at the meter below, and ask yourself, is it worth it for YOU? My meter can be yours - it's a choice... Blessings- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 403 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,137 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1873.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pat, If you check in here I ask one thing. Sometimes the shock treament workds wonders!! How far are you into your quit? Read all you can I guarentee you crave will be gone for the next couple of days. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $362.07 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pat, You're right! It is hard! Don't feel bad about it. You did the right thing coming here. Weight gain is temporary. The blues pass. You'll find new ways to end your meals and it won't involve putting 4000 chemicals into your lungs. When was the last time you rewarded yourself for quitting? If quitting were easy, this site would not exist. While you await better days and yes they are on their way, it's important to get something tangible and to have something tangible to work towards. Instead of relying on an old passion that is slowly killing you, wouldn't you find new ones that make you happy? Hang in there! You can do this! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pat, You didn't post your meter to let us know how far you have come. Read your questions...you already know the answers or you wouldn't be here. You know it's worth it. Don't disappoint yourself. Don't smoke! Don't make me send Phil over there! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,735 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $276.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing Pat? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,674 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $305.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 7

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pat, I hope you are doing better. If you're still having problems, try taking a few deep breaths, breathing slowly in and out. This helps me overcome the craves. Sunflower seeds really helped me out in a pinch the other night. I was able to keep my hands and mouth busy for a few hours. Just a fewideas: Pro's Live longer smell better feel better spend more time with loved ones look better reduced coughing sleep better Con's a few moments satisfying an urge that will come back it will take your life from you prematurely Another thought Pat that I had considered earlier this evening is to find a hobby that you enjoy. Earlier this evening, I thought to myself that I might take a couple of painting classes at a local craft store. I've always wanted to do this and think I would enjoy it. Now I have more time available to develop an interest in something more productive that smoking. Just my 2 cents.... Hang inthere, BOxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 285 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Pat - Keep reading & posting. Let us know how you're doing! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,674 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $305.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Yikes Pat! I wish I saw this post sooner! Do not listen to the nicodemon - the rationale in your email was straight from the mouth of your addiction. Think about why you quit in the first place! If you smoke now, it means that you have chosen to: experience intense nicotine withdrawal every 1/2 hour instead of having occassional cravings, smell really yucky, have stinky breath, have yellow teeth, be forced outside in the rain & cold in order to get a fix, cause worry among your friends and family, dread train, plane, & bus rides, and die not only an earlier death but also a painful & agonizing one! You can hold on one more day. Get some sleep and see how you feel tomorrow. PLEASE! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,673 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $305.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I really do not know if I can hack this out. I have reached a stage where I am weighing up the pros and cons....has anyone done that before? Weight gain, discontent, not being able to or knowing how to end a meal, never having that contentment of a cigarette. Do I want to live so much longer than I would have when I smoked, always feeling this discontent? Is is worth the quit for a few more years of life of discomfort? God, I am so close to caving, I am so sick of all of this. Sick of the struggle. Sick of not having my prop, my comfort every half hour. I need your help, please, please. I know how bad I would feel if I did cave now, but it is hard not to. Sorry. Pat.
  • Quit Meter

$47,700.45

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 11

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: