Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

minor slip, major worries

17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rai, I'm no expert but I know you're doing the right thing by sticking to your quit. You can be sure you will get great advice and encouragement from the more experienced people here. Hang in there, we are after all only human fighting the nicotine addiction. Wishing you the best, Lady [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$121,363.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 966 Hours: 16

Minutes: 28 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for answering me and I do know what you mean, KiwiKeith : if I take one more puff of nicodemon , everything is over and I am completely back down in the smoking spirale where I started. I just can't do that, ever, and now even less. Quite simply, even if I stopped the 1st of January and that I just smoked these 2 stupid cigarettes, it just feels since then as I am just quitting right now and I am back full speed in the whole nightmarish 3 first days process of quitting smoking again. This is for the return of the handdle... So, to all the new quitters, I am back on the beginning line with you, we are going to win this fight against Nicodemon and if you are ready to quit, just quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi! I stopped smoking the first of January. Already had a minor slip on the 16th, 2 days ago. Made a meal for my birthday. 6 smokers, my friends around the table. Still, I was so convinced about my quit that I thought everything would be all right and my friends should be able to smoke if they felt like it. After having heard my best friend actually couldn't come 30 mn before everybody arrives and Then, I saw another of my friends, who I thought quitted with me the 1st, starting by taking a cigarette, apparently, a special one for my birthday... all right. And then, later on, getting one from a pack he had in the pocket of his jacket...me realizing I was maybe not in the best of mood for this meal, I started thinking, oups... I may have been a little bit carried away with this meal, just 2 weeks after I quit. We ate, my friends smoked, a lot. Started to become blue around me. I still wasn't feeling like a cigarette so much. Everything was just ok. Good wine and so on. And then, I smoked one. It wasn't so much a craving than curiosity...(?) And a bit later, I smoked another one... I didn't enjoy any of them. I didn't see the point of smoking them either but this is what happened. That was 2 days ago. I havn't smoked since these 2 cigarettes. Just remember it really gave me the creep, once in my bed, to think I was back in my smoking pattern. I just couldn't sleep anymore. It seems to be ok, now. I am back with my quit. I enjoy being smoke free very very much and I hope this was really a minor, minor slip. Rai [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 514 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rai: It sounds to me like you've managed to nip this thing in the bud before the old patterns really settle in, which I know you do NOT want! My quit date here shows October 8, but I actually quit in September. After three weeks, I caved and smoked for a couple of days. I was taking Chantix and they all tasted bad, I was so mad at myself and disgusted, but I still smoked. Until literally I saw myself in the mirror while I was smoking and just started laughing. I looked so miserable, so ridiculous, I was almost forcing myself to smoke! That was enough for me! I ran that cigarette under water, destroyed what smokes I had left, and haven't smoked since October 8th. I think I needed that in order to persuade myself that I truly can be a nonsmoker. Maybe that's what happened to you. It sounds like your desire to quit is VERY strong. Keep it going. Keep the faith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 102 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $816 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know all too well what it's like to slip. The last slip I had no one was more disappointed than I was. No one could really make me feel worse than what I felt by having just a few cigs. My trigger was stress/anxiety related and I started right from square one and turned back my quit meter to "0" and began again :) I'm now much more aware of what my major triggers are and I have a whole new attitude towards my quit, including not making it into so much of a drama each and every minute of every day -- Instead I am celebrating each and every moment that I don't smoke and I'm so proud of myself! Good for you to learn from what had happened and I wish you a continued great quit :) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 154 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well said Rai. It sounds like you know what you need to know- and you are still very early in your quit. You are going to succeed, I can see this through your understanding of this rotton addiction. All or nothing- thats what it somes down to in this game.Good job for not letting a few sickarettes throw you back in to your old pattern, and thanks for sharing your experience! Cheers! K ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 103 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 829 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $364.62 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$545,148.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4203 Hours: 18

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 15

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kudos to you Rai, for coming back to your quit. As you know all it takes is one to set us right back to the beginning again. Keep strong and keep smoke free, Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rai, Whenever we slip and let's face it, it happens, it's important that we learn from it! Look back on the day' events and try to pinpoint those triggers. Next, put together a plan to deal with these triggers. Keep going you're doing great! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 301 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good on you Rai, Be strong and dont be shy in asking for support, we know all too well what you are going through. Kia Kaha KiwiKeith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,795 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1287.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 301 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rai, I think you put yourself into a very tricky situation so early in your quit. Just my opinions here but I think It was very rude of your guests to smoke around you, as I presume they were aware that you had quit.And on your birthday too...shame on them !! That being said, you slipped and had a couple of cigarettes, and now you have continued on with your quit. Good on you for carrying on. Please dont fall into the trap..I know I have been there many times before..."I can have a couple of smokes when I'm drinking and then not smoke the next day" it dosn't work !! Sorry but you either smoke or you do not smoke. You will be back to apack a day within a couple of weeks. such is the power of the nicodemon. I dont want to tell you how to run your life, but if you are serious about quitting, then I would steer clear of your smoking friends for a while, or at least ask them to respect your quit and not smoke around you for now. Maybe stay away from alcohol which is a major trigger for most people. Look for alternatives and try to avoid those old situations where you used to light up. I hope that you can be strong and that you can continue successfully with your quit. but please be careful it is so easy to slip and spiral downwards to where you were before. After 17 smoke free days you have past the worst. This can be a minor slip if you do not smoke again...if you do smoke again then this minor slip is the beginning of the end. Its over to you. Good Luck KiwiKeith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,779 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1287.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: