Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

I slipped ... and fell ...

17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gosh Monica, I'm glad you stayed!!!!!!!! You were one of the first supporters for me. I'm so sorry for your personal troubles. I have nothing to offer but support and I'm glad you're right back here! Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 95 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 29 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Monica, you got back on the life raft. I consider myself a newbie even though this is my second quit since Nov. 1. When I started reading this post I thought to myself if these members care about her quit why are they not kicking her butt for saying shes gonna restart in Feb. Isnt the old saying if you fall off the horse you gotta get right back on. I know already the longer you stay in a slip the more likly you are to forget all that you have learned. Back to my original thought, the strong and positive support worked. Your friends did not belittle, pick or B***** you out, they held your had and your choice and supported you with love and kindness. Maybe if I had read more negative stuff I would not have got to the post that said I am back on a quit. Honestly I got an immediate smile on my face, I went whewwww good for her. Enough ramblin from me I have a basketball game to go to, time to start the busy day.......Here is a big PAT on the back to you Monica hang tough. Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 63 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! That felt good.... I don't know what to say sweety. I know how you must feel because I've been there before (this being my 5th quit)...it's not fun to start smoking again, after getting through soooo much. This goes to show you...when you quit again, you cannot have not even just one! Do not beat yourself up, but reflect, heal and take care of yourself, and when your ready to quit smoking again, I'll be here waiting for you to hold her hand and help you through. You have been such an inspiration to me and your encourageing words have stayed with me in some tough moments. All is not lost my soul searching friend.....you helped so many along the way, and learned alot about yourself to...you know you can do this...I know you can do it too!! I'll be waiting patiently for you to try again!!!! [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/kaitilina/2angels.jpg[/IMG] Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,309 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $324.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stay close. Power up. Looking forward to when you are ready. My thoughts are with you at this stressful time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks you guys for all of your posts. It is a KILLER and I know I made a choice - a bad one. I wrote in my journal for hours today while I cried. I cried for so many reasons - I could write a book on all that I'm feeling and have been feeling, not for these last several weeks but for several years. I'm just not a happy puppy and I know that there is no good time to quit. I know this, I know that and yet I smoked. I've got to gather my thoughts.. and yes, way down deep inside I don't want to smoke and I know you'll ask 'well then why did you?'.. I have an answer for that but then the mod's would remove this entire thread. I'll be back.. could be tomorrow or next week or... I don't know exactly. I have a few things to iron out. In the meantime, to all of my very dear friends, I thank you again for putting up with me and comforting me when I needed it most. You're all wonderful people as well as very strong individuals filled with much wisdom and warmth. Love and hugs, Monica58
I've been feeling since my last slip a week and a half ago or so that I was walking on egg shells and that I could, inspite of everything not slip again. I know I know, that there's no reason to have even one puff and I realize that to be very true. I was weak and oh so very tired emotionally and mentally with everything going on in my life. So, I blew the stats shown below and will restart my quit at a later date. The reasons (oh there are so many) why I slipped and fell really don't matter - there's no excuse good enough. I'll come around to check out the posts etc.. but as I said I don't have a new quit date in mind ~~ possibly my b'day on Feb. 3. Thank you to everyone who pulled me through the darkest days during 'this' quit.. keep strong and sending you lots of love and hugs. Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $594 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Dear Jake I am so sorry about your wife's passing. I took your advice and am checking out a number of grieving sites including the one you suggested. Losing someone close is so very difficult. I so appreciate your thoughtfulness and support. Keep up your great quit you are doing great. ((((((((hugs))))))))) Monica58
I was 37,,and it, the surgery was 12 yrs ago..not that it matters..because I turn 49 this year..OH MY GOD! Just ignore the rantings of this lunatic.. Ok..I keep say "OK"..why? ((((((((hugs))))))) Monica
How the heck do you all put up with me?!?!.. It sounds like I'm going through menopause and I've already been there done that 11 yrs go..due to complete hysterectomy at age 35.. still sounds like I'm HYSTERICAL huh.. ok..ok... I have gathered my bearings so to speak and at 3:30 p.m. I started a new quit (Fri.Jan.5).. threw out everything cig related including the saucer I used as an ashtray..went to the store and stock piled for a new crave cart and bought a new box of patches..some left over but don't want to run out.. Thanks for EVERYTHING, especially for having faith in me.. and a special thanks to the people who have really stuck by me through hell and back... oh my what a ride... Love and hugs..Monica58 p.s. my breathing is SUPER ERRATIC.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi monica, good for you for getting right back in there I wish i could make things easier for you you can do this sweetie keep up the good work love and hugs lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,113 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �296 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$113,540.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 21

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: