Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

OMG I almost smoked!!!!

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moqueen, You are so right. Life does return to normal after quitting, but every now and then something could jump out at us and catch us off guard. I'm so happy you didn't smoke it and I bet your proud of yourself! It's great to hear things like this so that when it happens to other's they will remember your trash, the cigs and the rotten food...lol [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right on MO!! go Mo! go MO!! GO MO!! It seems everybody has one of these experiences... Good for you for tossing em. This is true....I have found when you let your guard down is when the wierd $h!t happens. nice job MO!! Kevin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $138 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 132 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone, for your support. The garbage is now long gone, to the outside bin and into the garbage truck.....far far away. Thank God! I was okay for the rest of the day afterwards, especially once I posted here. Have another Great Smoke-Free Day! carole [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,984 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $632 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 132 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was cleaning up the house and found in some odd drawer a pack of Chinese cigarettes that hubby had brought back from one of his trips. All of a sudden, I wanted to have one. I craved it. I took one out and looked at it and started to look for some matches....Luckily, I came to my senses and threw out the pack, in the bottom of the garbage pail and covered it with old rotten leftovers from the fridge. Phew! That was close. I had not been thinking of smoking for a long time, so this really goes to show me that I must always be vigilant. This scared me so I am going to take it easy today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $624 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Moqueen - So glad you trashed those nasty things! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,738 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $430 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice going, Moqueen! For that you definitely deserved to take it easy!!!! Hope you did. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
About half way through my quit(60 days ish) I found HALF a cigartte trodden on in my garage I actually started to straighten it out and smelled it!!!! God it was close so close...... Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,529 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �630 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How sick is our addiction that we would smoke things out of a garbage can, smushed on garage floors, and God knows where else. Trust me I've been there all too many times myself and am so glad for the new found freedom!! Remember smoking is no longer an option. Get through each day somehow, just don't smoke!! There are rough days but I swear it does get much better!! There will come a day that you are no longer sad. You will be happy again WITHOUT cigarettes, I promise you this, hang in there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 191 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,832 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $573 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moqueen, Congratulations! Way to kick that addiction to the curb! You've passed this test with flying colors! Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 607 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moqueen , glad you threw them out!! Too close for comfort I would say. Stay strong in your quit. 78 days is something to be really proud of!! Hugs Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,563 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $737.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: