Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

I Ain't Gonna Make It , Guys

17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
yes you will make it even if you slip up you still have done so well so far!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 389 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �104.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck to ya. Solving problems with the nic is a bad idea. What gonna happen the next time you get stressed, off for another. You had a great quit going. Best of luck to you. Don't let the junkie take controll. Now you have given him power. [quote] It wasn't until I smoked that I got some clarity. [/quote] It was not the smoke it was the time you took to smoke it. Also the deep breaths. Deep breaths w/o smoke can still give you that clarity. Now that the junkie has the edge, next time he will be all over you for more. Prepare yourself. Sorry if this sounds harsh. I just don't think it is a good idea to feed the wild animals.
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi BGB If you had one or two, that constitutes a slip and starting the clock back to 0 days is really harsh punishment. I wouldn�t be so that hard on myself. You have gone seven solid weeks and that is a lot of time. Try looking at it as a slip instead of a start over, if that�s all it was. So let�s talk about the smoke. It gave you clarity did it? I find that interesting. I kind of remember that is what I used to feel like when I reached for a smoke when I had a hard technical problem to solve. But don�t need it, problems get solved just as well with or without that smoke, or the flip of it is, they stay unsolved with or without the smoke. Try what PrincessC has suggested and get into yoga or at least see if you can focus on your inner self (that what you see and talk to when you need guidance). May I ask, did that smoke make you dizzy? Did it bother your lungs? Did you cough? How did you feel after you had it? Did it make you want another one or did you feel remorseful? I only ask these questions so that it may help you to evaluate your feeling with regards to smoking. You have had a remarkable struggle and I feel you have done very, very well. Find remedies for those smoking urges and talk to your friends here more when you need some additional strength. BGH, have a plan on what to do when the next urge comes about? Another day for you and all of us! It just another day! Your Friend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 220 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,306 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1155 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My freindship ended with the person I've talked about a few times. I knew it would have to end and mistakenly thought I would be relieved when it did. I feel so sad. A little confused, too. She had been like a mother to me, then just turned on me for some reason I don't understand and was not going to get out of her. I told her that I had decided that if the reason was organic, I could deal with it ( I wouldn't take it personally) but if was not I could not put up with the meanness and moodswings. Of course, she tried to put it off on me, although she couldn't point out anything I had done. The center on aging told me to not ask, but take her for an alzheimer evaluation, but she belongs to an HMO that doesn't even have an alzheimer's clinic. So I couldn't be sneaky about it like they suggested. No one voluntarily goes, because they don't think anything is wrong with them. I feel like I allowed her to sabotage this quit from the beginning, because my problems with her began about 48 days ago. At first, I didn't recognize how bad this was going to get, but late last week, it got really bad and I started clawing it. Then I made up my mind about what needed too be done, and she was out of town, so I feel a little bit better. Then I decided I had to say something, because it was so stressful that I could not let it go on for a few more weeks and play games with her. I don't understand how things turned so fast. She was so good to me. Then she belittled and attacked everything I wanted or accomplished, even things that she had supported before. I was so mad at first that I don't think I saw the hurt. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $362.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
Should read, I ain't gonna make it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,958 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $355.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Just ain't gonna make. Saying why sounds like whining, and I refuse to whine. But I just wanted you to know that I anin't gonna make. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,958 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $355.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
And it came on so fast. I was so shock, at first. But no excuses really. I just need to set the clock to one tomorrow. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,997 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $362.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
No. I don't want to romanticize by talking about it. I did spend the night at a sleep clinic. The technicina said my sleeping was horrid. After three hours the put a mask on me. I think that a number of the test I've had recently explains by I had such a terrible time with the last quit. I'll be okay. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Thank you, everyone. I realize that I am going to have to get through crises without smoking, but I think I just did not have enough time under my belt to handle this one. I started craving so bad again. It wasn't until I smoked that I got some clarity. Don't get be wrong, especially newcomers, I don't think that smoking made me smarter. I think that I just could see through the craving. I haven't smoked since 1:00 am and will reset my clock to one day tomorrow. You've all been great! Smoking was lousy. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,993 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $362.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just lost a freindship as well. It has begun to slip away a few weeks ago when we were both looking at buying this one car. i saw her out and about one day and she mentioned the car,a dn i told her that we had been looking at it too. She left where we were, borrowed the money form her mother, and bought that car. You know how i found out? I called her that night to tell her that if she needed the car and wanted it, then we wouldn't buy it, and she said "I already have it." Then yesterday she called me up screaming and yelling at me about a rumour without even checking with me first or asking anything. That was it. I don't care if she has alzhaimers, and I do't care if she is lonely, and I don't care if she has been abused her whole life, and i don't care if she has boatloads of her own problems.. This is me,a nd she made asumptions about my charactor that couldn't have been further off base and she did it TWICE. Twice.. shame on me? That tells me that she does not need to spend time with me anymore. Did I give her my quit? NOPE.. i gave her two chances in as many weeks. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,399 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $559 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43

Reading this thread: