Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,499 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Picking up a few more pieces. Part III

17 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have only one thing to say, YOU are all AWSOME, from reading this thread i know that you are REAL PEOPLE, and i am still learning from each of you, please stay posting because as a newbie I NEED YOU, NO FLUFF just the real stuff, thanks for being who you are.. jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm glad that you realized your power is truly your power Phillip. That is awesome. It is a great feeling, eh?! I'm really happy for you and how you are feeling today. Remember this feeling and carry it with you always. No one can take your power away, but you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,246 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $164 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
  • Quit Meter

$54,487.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5954 Hours: 12

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 261 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YAY - v glad you're feeling better Er... fresh air flown in?? Canadian joke? ;) Cheers alison :) Kick the Herb to the Kerb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,261 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $525 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$90,812.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8663 Hours: 6

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ozzgran, Sorry to hear your having a rough few days, post maybe we can help. Riverdale Man, Glad to hear you've found a way to solidify your quit. Keep persevering and keep us posted, we love hearing from you. Danielle ________________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Riverdale Man, So great to hear you've had such a great day. Glad to see your doing well and your strength has been renewed. Keep up the great progress and thanks for sharing your experience with the SSC. Danielle _________________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Philip, There are a lot of things that can assist in our quits. Without our own mental strength though, they would be useless. When you say that the realisation that you are the source of this strength has made you stronger, I know exactly what you mean Take care and glad that you are happy Mr Ed [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 129 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,886 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �967.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I knew you would make it through this and I'm glad you got some face to face counseling in! ;) Bob [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,982 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1116 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
17 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Phillip- I know what you're saying. Hell, I sort of got called a purveyor of doom and gloom because I refuse to have someone tell me I'm not having a crave, when I am. I think I know what having a crave is, but apparently not!!! LOL And really, who cares?! It's not worth arguing about. I think that understanding addiction, in general, is a relatively new area of research; say anything about nicotine, in particular. I don't think we have much to go on.I think there is such a great deal of complexity in the level of addiction and the long term affect on our neurophysiology, that to draw some generalizations such that beyond x days one can't be having a crave is somewhat naive, and unfortunately sort of condescending to the recipient of such sage advice....especially the recipient having said crave! I'm sure it's not meant to be like that at all. Afterall, the person offering such advice, who hasn't experienced that in their quit, is probably frustrated that people DO experience it...makes no sense...why are they doing this to themselves?...sort of thing. Good intentions. I'm sorry, but quotes from self-help books and other such things don't do much for me. And least they don't cure me of myself. I don't think I like to wallow in my pain, though....although, who knows. MAybe I have some deep seated fear of success or need for negativity in my life. Strange, since I'm a pretty successful guy, but hey, you never know. I don't know why you, I, Lady, and others here seem to have a more troubled time of it than others; but I DO think it has a lot more to do with a much more complex thing than nomenclature, memories, or whatever. In reality, I suspect that a lot more people have a lot rougher time of it and either relapse and leave the site or don't talk about it (for a variety of reasons), because honestly, I don't think we're that unique. If this seems like a negative thing to post; I apologise but I tend to look at it as realism, not negativity. Of course, that assumes I'm not unbalanced! Forgive me for stealing your thread, Phillip. Just wanted you to know I get it; or at least some of it. Don't apologise for being yourself. :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 126 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked
17 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been quit since 14.02.06 - nearly 19 weeks!! I'm hoping this last couple of days are Nic's last stand, because they've been exceptionally tearful and gross. I totally agree with you all, in that there appear to be no rules in this deadly game, other than NOPE. I can fully empathise with River, Rob and Lady, to an extent that makes my eyes water - and yet Shevie can still make me laugh at my "linoleum". I don't post here very often but I lurk every day and, when I am over the hump of this thing I hope to respond with the same care and support I've seen offered to others on the forum but, until then, I fear I'm not much use to anyone (a mere rag of the person that once was - or so I feel at this moment!!!!) Nevertheless, Rob, River and Lady - I know we'll be OK one day soon. Chins up!! Love and respect to us all (and "one day soon" can't come quick enough!! Pat xx
17 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Phillip - It is amazing what you have gleaned from that hour and a half. I'm so glad and I can see you smiling all the way down south! Thanks for sharing this...we all have the power within us if we only reach down to our toes and pull it up to our heads... You're amazing. Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,215 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $242 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
  • Quit Meter

$1,702,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5858 Hours: 22

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: