Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,523 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7

He's been lying to me all this time !

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Janet, Stay strong! Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Janet, I am so happy to hear that you all were able to air it out and it woreked out OK. What is most important at the moment though is you got through a huge test and DIDN'T SMOKE. We are all proud of you and hopefully hubby will jump in soon and take up the quit. {{{{{{BIG OLE BEAR HUGS}}}}}}} From and Ash Kickin Buddy. [img] http://stubow.com/ssc/ka.jpg [img] Kickin Ash in 06 StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$24,937.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 632 Hours: 19

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Janet, I really have no words better to say than what has already been said. Just want to say sorry you have to deal with this. I am here.[color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 782 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $265.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Janet. I've been on the other side of the fence as the liar. For me, it was a defence mechanism in the early days to get cross when caught. Deep down I had a sense of shame and despised myself. Just a couple of suggestions...........emotions run high when you are quitting. When we are emotional, we make little or no progress with others when we try to communicate. This might not be the time to make life changing decisions. And remember, he felt guilty enough to admit that he was not really there yet. leave him to work it out in his own fashion, the lies are the junky protecting the addiction........just the way that we have all lied to ourselves in the past........... Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
janet.i feel for you,but you ask what your to do? girl you dont do anything, its all up to him to do not you,so he,s feeling hurt that you told him the truth ahhhhh!my heart bleeds[not!] its up to him to make this up to you,he must think what its going to take to get your trust and love back [if you'l give it] he needs to grow up!! i bet you felt like slapping his smug face , maybe you should! :8o: no matter what keep your quit ,old nic is trying to get to you the hardest way do deal with and thats hubby against wife dont let it get to nasty!! :eg: jan xxxx
18 years ago 0 389 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone for the insight and advice. I've not had any cravings or desires to smoke in quite a while and I don't even have any now; stop worrying about my quit...it's well protected. Thanks again. N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Katy, Will do. Thanks. Janet
Thanks everyone. My husband and I had a major talk last night and although he is upset about the whole deal, I figure I have to just let it go or let it ruin us. I don't want that and neither does he. Yes, my quit is strong as ever and I am SO happy that I was able to get through all the stuff yesterday without so much as a tiny desire to smoke. That thought never even entered my mind...not even as a way to get back at him or anything. I don't smoke so therefore, had no reason to even think about it. Thank you all again. You all deserve a big hug from me! {{{{{{{{{Everyone}}}}}}}}}}} N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 628 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $93 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
Hi again everyone. My husband and I had a very long talk and although he's upset that he lied to me, as am I, we both know that our relationship is stronger and certainly more important than this one lie. I'm sorry I put you all through all this stuff throughout the day today...but thanks for being there for me to bounce my nonsense off of...sure is greatly appreciated, more than you can know. Thank you very much for helping me reach 30 days and for helping me keep at it. N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 618 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
BS - I have shown him this site but obviously he isn't interested. I'm protecting my quit...and my heart...which right now is breaking. My husband and I had (I thought) the perfect marriage where we were both loving and honest to a fault. Now I find it's all been a lie...I just don't know what to do (no, I don't want to smoke, ever again). N.O.P.E. Janet [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 609 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: