Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

I just dumped my tobacco again.

7 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations! It was very hard for me the first couple of days (It did help I was sick so I just went with it). I guess since I am still new to this myself the best advice I can give is to constantly stay busy the first couple of weeks. I found that if I was cleaning and organizing my house I wasn't thinking about it. For the first couple of weeks I could not relax because once I relaxed I would think and crave. 

Now however its been over a month and I am finding I can start to relax and enjoy tv and movies again. However if a feeling creeps up I will find something productive to do. The other thing I am going to start incorporating into my day to day is working out I feel if I am working on myself and I see results maybe it will give me a physical change along with my mental change.

Hang in there and I am here if you need me :)  
  • Quit Meter

$12,599.72

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 210 Hours: 17

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

7 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

Congrats on trying again. It takes a lot of courage to try again. It sounds like you are ready. The fact that you were able to quit for 9 months is a great asset to you. What did you learn from the experience? What will you do the same and what will you do different?

Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, I'm new here. I've been making my life more difficult for the past 9 months with smoking. I was smoke free the 9 months prior to that. I've been smoking for most of the last 17 years. This time I have found staying stopped harder than ever. My trouble has been making the break for the first week. I've always done cold turkey and after a few days off them I can move forward. Its getting those first few days done is the difficult part. I'm trying again. Cathal.
  • Quit Meter

$151,360.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7407 Hours: 1

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: