Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

How?s she goin? b?ys?

13 years ago 0 41 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ready, one day, one minute at a time.  I think this one stuck for me because I ran out of excuses, and I was tired of going throught the cravings/withdrawals again.  Just take it one day at a time, and those days will really start stacking up.
13 years ago 0 168 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone. :)

So far I find playing with mint toothpicks, eating baby-cut carrots, deep breathing exercises, walking up/down a flight of stairs, and taking a quick walk around the city block to be the most effective... coping mechanisms.

Withdrawal is worse than cravings, in the long run, right? Hahaha... I forget. I do remember being surprised by how unexpectedly difficult it was the second/third week last time I tried to quit. 
13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ready,

Welcome and yes stick to your resolve!

This can be done and we can help!

We have a program, support, knowledge and shared experience..all at your finger tips!

Prepare yourself for this and be ready for anything!

Post often and let us help!

Josie, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 410 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Ready 2!
I promise you will be wealthier and feel healthier if you stick with your resolve. The support here will definitely help you along, as we have all "walked a mile in your shoes." Lifelong friends I have not seen are shocked when I tell them I quit and for how long. I smoked like a chimney forever! This quit I came prepared to fight and with a new "positive" attitude! You can do this!
Stick with the winners (here)!
All the best!
Cameless 
13 years ago 0 168 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today (February 23, 2011) is my quit day and, wow, it's hard but so far, so good.

I'm a Newfoundlander, now working in Winnipeg. I've smoked more than a pack daily for the past 15 years.

I want to be wealthier and healthier. I've tried to quit several times in the past but never with any formal support (lots of support from family and friends, of course). I've made it as long as 6 months but usually give up earlier, as soon as I notice myself gaining weight.

So today it's carrot sticks and mint toothpicks... 

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 2/23/2011
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 39 Seconds: 13

Reading this thread: