Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I am new here!

13 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Linda,

Congratulations on making it through Hell week.  Sending you get well wishes for your back.

Roses
13 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi lindac and welcome to the SSC. 
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/23/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 53
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 530
Amount Saved: $156.35
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 17 Mins: 11 Seconds: 35

13 years ago 0 134 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello lindac,

Congrats on getting through week 1 wahoo! Definitely reward yourself and I agree with Rock, we are all rooting for you! 

Serenity

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 12/20/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 206
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,472
Amount Saved: $988.80
Life Gained:
Days: 18 Hrs: 15 Mins: 11 Seconds: 28

13 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Linda, congrats on surviving Hell Week!  Rewards are in order, so go big!  We're all rooting for you as you start Heck Week!
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 691
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 27,640
Amount Saved: $6,910.00
Life Gained:
Days: 106 Hrs: 10 Mins: 31 Seconds: 18

13 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Linda!!!

Congrats on making it through Hell Week!!  You're doing great, so far!!!  One thing that really helps my aches and pains is to do some good stretching under a nice warm-hot shower!  I do this every morning and it sure helps!

Also, you can edit your quit date, etc. by clicking on the "My Profile" tab above.  Be sure to click on the update button to get the changes made!   Continue to stick close and post when you need us!!! 

Jim

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 859
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 21,475
Amount Saved: $3,543.38
Life Gained:
Days: 147 Hrs: 23 Mins: 16 Seconds: 34

• Quit Meter

$44,280.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 18

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Linda,

Congrats on week one.  Have you rewarded yourself yet? Remember, it is part of the program.

Although you have a wealth of quitting knowledge it may be helpful to visit some sections of the program to understand what to expect in the next little while.

Milestone 5 and 6  offers some great advice on the need to reward yourself and track your progress.  Please take a look.

Once again congrats on being smoke-free.

Jason, Bilingual Health Educator
13 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I have survived a whole week today without smoking.  The Withdrawals have been bad at times... and I am down in my back and pains all over my body... I don't know if its withdrawals or just feeling totally lousy.   But I have not even been tempted to buy a pack or smoke one.
Must be the prayers that are going up for me to help me.... just hope that I can get rid of the back and neck pain now.
Thanks to all for your kind words of support.. it is much appreciated.
Just wish I could get my meter working correctly on the how much I have saved. 
:)
Take care and congrats to all that are smoke free... maybe I can return with the same stats as some of you have one day.

Linda

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/7/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 66
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,650
Amount Saved: $441.38
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 19 Mins: 4 Seconds: 29

13 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lindac!  Welcome to the SSC...you have joined a fantastic support group.  Stay close to the forum...read and post as often as you need.   One craving..one minute...one hour...one day at a time!! 

Keep the quit!

Skates

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 62
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,240
Amount Saved: $496.00
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 13 Mins: 20 Seconds: 0

13 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Lindac,

Welcome to the program and support group.  Congratulations on your decision to quit using nicotine.   I am also 55 and just quit on May 30.  I also took care of someone with dementia a little faster progressing the Alzheimer's for 5 yrs.  First I want to commend you for takining care of someone with this illness.  It is a hard row to hoe for the two of you.  Second this is a perfect time to quit smoking.  You will have a lot more energy to do the things you need to do once you get all the nicotine out of your system.  I am sure you can do this.  You have already proved how strong you are being a caregiver for someone with Alzheimer's.  This is a wonderful group of supportive people and they will be there for you, all you have to do it post.  Hang in their I know you can do this and you will feel so much stronger and healthier as a non-smoker, but you already know this don't you.  You have just started getting your five year quit back.  You are doing it!  You are making it!  We have a motto around here   "Never Quit Quitting" 

Rose

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 5/30/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 40
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,600
Amount Saved: $520.00
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 13 Mins: 41 Seconds: 49

13 years ago 0 802 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Linda, and welcome to SSC.  It's a great support group and you'll make wonderful friends here too!  Best wishes on your quit.
My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 1/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 918
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 18,360
Amount Saved: $6,976.80
Life Gained:
Days: 103 Hrs: 5 Mins: 43 Seconds: 44

Reading this thread: