Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Im baaaaack (I hope)

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing NOPE?
You are done with Hell Week!
Congratulations this is a great achievement. Kepp your ice water on hand, stay patient and alert, and you shall suceed!!
Now it's all about the mentalpart of the addiction. Just take one smoking tought at a time!
Hugs
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 183
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,745
Amount Saved: $274.50
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 20 Mins: 10 Seconds: 43

14 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great post NOPE!

Very inspirational!

Enjoy your smoke-free weekend NOPE, you deserve it!

Sarah, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all so much for your support. You are honestly the best NRTs anyone needs--- I still can't believe this site is cost free. Nothing else makes me feel good about my quit besides this forum -- when I come here \i feel like all of my efforts mean something. people out there in the "smoke free world" don't understand what we're going through. You are right here going through all the crazy things \i am and that's perfectly ok. We were addicts.

What we are all doing is telling ourselves we are worth our lives. We are worth it without poison and falseness. Oh, honestly -- we are free now!!

You all should be proud. Even my very own best friends don't understand my struggle the way you do - thankyou and let's do this. We are all so much better than this ridiculous addiction. thanks o honestly each and every single one of you all - and I am here for you as I know you are here for me.

The new world doesn't even include cigarettes - they don't even make them. Lets go there....

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 6
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 42
Amount Saved: $23.90
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 9 Mins: 55 Seconds: 25

14 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Nope..so glad to see your not quitting on your guit....I would guess taking it every minute at a time if you have to is the best way to do this...I am still getting ready,no I am ready just waiting for my quit day to get here..We want be to far apart on our quits so hopefully we can help each other..You keep coming back here for all the help you might need and stay strong and keep saying NOPE...

Welcome Christmas...Glad to see you here as well...You can do this, we all can do this and together we all shall do exactly that...I found a straw to chew helped and I have stocked up on those things...Quitting is hard but your stronger than that nico-demon as we call it and you can do this...And I agree there is no better person to lean on in your time of need than GOD...stay strong and keep saying NOPE..

Congratulations to both of you for staying smoke free..

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2009
Smoke-Free Days: -6
Cigarettes Not Smoked: -120
Amount Saved: $-24.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 0 Seconds: -33673

Hang on my friend.
This too shall pass. The first four days are the hardest. Imagine that you contracted the flu and you are sick. Rest as much as you can, drink plenty of fluids and pamper yourself. You can do it. I know it.
Marivi

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 181
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,715
Amount Saved: $271.50
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 15 Mins: 32 Seconds: 8

14 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
brenda;;; im new 2 this stop smoking game;;; today is day 1 for me;;; what a struggle!!!! i seem to be doin good on icewater n jolly ranchers hard watermellon candies;;;lol;;; i guess whatever works,,u no??? wow im havin issues,,, i want 2 smoke soooo bad;;; but no i just close my eyes n pray;;;; who better to ask help from??? i cant seem 2 b able 2 think of anyone; !!!???!!! can u ???????? ;;;;;peace;;;;;;;;;;;
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 37 Seconds: 24

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
christmas, I found the sugar-free Life Savers to be even tastier than the sugar-free Jolly Ranchers.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 83
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,241
Amount Saved: $840.38
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 3 Mins: 21 Seconds: 16

Welcome NOPE and Christhmas!
Congratulations on your decision to quit!
You have received wonderful advice already, so I'm just handing you some extra tips
Straws cut the size of a cigarrette
Popsicles
Hot showers and bubble baths
Long walks
soft music
5 consecutive deep breaths,holding it as long as you can
The Allen Carr Book
celery and carrot sticks
write down your top 10 reasons to quit and read them as often as needed! Carry them with you.
This wonderful forum.
A positive attitude. You are not leaving your best friend behind,you are breaking apart from your worst enemy!
I'm rooting for your success!
Marivi

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 181
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,715
Amount Saved: $271.50
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 15 Mins: 23 Seconds: 25

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nope and Christmas, today is the first day and fourth day of the rest of your smoke free life!  Go through "my program" so you have a plan in place.  We all know that preparation is key to success!  Put together a reward system to celebrate each passed craving (small reward), each smoke free day (medium reward), and each smoke free week (larger reward).  Drink lots of iced water as Breather mentioned, it flushes the toxins out of your system and it really helps with cravings.  Read, read, and read some more of the postings here at the SSC.  Use the search feature to look for topics affecting your quit.  There is a wealth of knowledge from other quitters.  Post as often as you need, if only to rant and rave!  And if it gets really stressful, post and wait for 5 responses before you break down and have a smoke.  By then the craving will be gone.  Treat yourself like royalty, and remember that this quit is all about you!!!  We're all rooting for both of you to succeed!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 337
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,480
Amount Saved: $3,370.00
Life Gained:
Days: 50 Hrs: 8 Mins: 18 Seconds: 59

14 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i really cant believe im doin this!!! its so so so hard ,, i keep turning 2 the lord 4 support n strength;;;i can only take it min. by min. n at the end of the day;;; give myself a pat on the back;;;; i no i can do it !!! 2 day is day 1;;;;;n im half way threw it!!!!!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 29 Seconds: 7

Reading this thread: