Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,785 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

Trying AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Renee, glad you are at least trying over and over.  Its better than just saying "oh well, guess I will never quit".  Keep coming back as many times as it takes.  You can do this and one of these times it will be the perfect timing and you will quit forever.  I'm not sure I could ever stay quit if I had others smoking in the house during my quit.  OUch, how the heck do you deal with that?  I made my family smoke outside.  I didn't want my things stinking and I really didn't want the 2nd hand smoke killing me or my two boys.  I congrat you on trying with that kind of challenge.  Keep up the quit!!

Kasi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 55
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,100
Amount Saved: $233.75
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 0 Mins: 10 Seconds: 14

15 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Renee,

Welcome back! Of course you can quit! You just have to figure out the right way to do it for you. Take some time to read through the program and prepare yourself for this quit. Get yourself all ready for your quit day with coping strategies, healthy snacks and a solid support team. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about a quit aid and decide which method is right for you.

Try taking your gym workouts slowly so you don't lose your breath. Start out with light aerobics and increase the intensity as you start to feel stronger. Maybe a session with a personal trainer would be a good quit reward?

As DL mentionned too, you can always check out our sister site at HealthyWeightCenter.net for some tips to help you eat healthy and exercise properly.

Keep us posted.

Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 289 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Renee, Welcome to this site it has the best group of people for giving support that I found. I also used the patch and I was a chain smoker. Wake up each morning and promise yourself " I won't smoke for today" ice water also helped me alot. You can do this.
Lisa

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 150
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,000
Amount Saved: $660.00
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 9 Mins: 51 Seconds: 40

15 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Carlos and Renee!!

It's time to get serious and believe that you want to quit more than you want to smoke.

We're all here for you, so keep posting, and we'll try to help you guys as much as possible.

Goofy

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/28/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 304
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,160
Amount Saved: $1,915.20
Life Gained:
Days: 54 Hrs: 15 Mins: 22 Seconds: 53

15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, 
Welcome to the best place for quitting!

Daily Llama has given you some great advice and it is all worth following.  
There so many members here who have quit so be sure to read the old posts for more ideas and strength.
You will need it in your situation. Think creatively.... go outside or take a walk after meals so you are not around all
that smoke. Make your room a no smoking sanctuary, you place to go when it gets tough.

Most of all... BE PREPARED by doing the program on the home page. Just like Daily said... it's the best way to keep on track. 
Work on one thing at time, worry about the weight later. :)

Take care, post anytime.
Good luck!

HP

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 148
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,552
Amount Saved: $852.48
Life Gained:
Days: 18 Hrs: 2 Mins: 35 Seconds: 15

15 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Renee

I am back too and we share the same quit date

lets do it together and cry out loud NOPE

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 1 Mins: 38 Seconds: 55

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Renee and welcome back.   In your case it's all about PREPARATION and MOTIVATION; they go hand in hand.  Your environment is a killer: do all these other house people go outside to smoke?   Do they keep their cigarettes out of sight?  Have you read through this programme and focussed on how you'll deal with the triggers in your life? 
   Read into the archives as much and as often as you can: Search for Nonic and Penitent and Tresa and Duffis and many other great writers on the subject of getting rid of nicotine from your life.
    Remember to stay away from beer and tea and coffee for the time being when you first start the Quit. If they are triggers for you as they are for most of us.   Get out of those little hidey-holes where you have smoked before ( that chair in that corner, get up from the table directly after you've eaten so as not to dwell on the post-prandial smoke, clean out your car and dump all those ashtrays and lighters and matchbooks...)
       Think carefully about NRT: Champix prescription or patches or inhaler or gum or cold turkey. Get yourself a sports water bottle ( the "nozzly thing") and keep a jug of icy water in the fridge. Start relaxing exercises.  Stick close to this site and join in by reading and posting to help others like yourself. Don't worry excessively about the weight situation right now but you might want to check out the Helathy Weight Center next door!

patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 222
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,550
Amount Saved: $2,497.50
Life Gained:
Days: 41 Hrs: 6 Mins: 32 Seconds: 39

15 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Welcome back Renee!!

Of course you can do it!! And many people will be here to support you and cheer for you!!
Lots of iced water, orange juice and reading all the very helpful posts will help you a lot during the first days of your quit.. and later!
In just a few days you will be able to work out at the gym without significant running out of breath problems!!
About the many smokers in your house...maybe you can discuss your plans to quit with them and come out with a plan that will help you.. like, making a "special" smoking place at a balcony or elsewhere. Most probably they will help you out, and who knows, maybe you pass the idea to them too!

Once more, welcome and feel free to post at anytime, especially when you crave for a cigarette badly!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 15
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 300
Amount Saved: �30.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 0 Mins: 48 Seconds: 12

15 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I'm back! I keep trying. I really have to quit smoking and lose weight. But I have been having alot of problems at work.
I'm fine whle I'm at work bt when I get home its a problem. Everone smokes in my house! I've beenhaving problems working out athe gym also. I can't breath! I guess I'll have to keep trying. I'm good for a couple of days then I start smoking again. I guess I aveto keep trying. I'm going to try the patch again. I just don't what else to do. I know other people have quit smking I CAN TOO! I'll keep posting.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 0
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 0
Amount Saved: $0.00
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 0 Mins: 54 Seconds: 3

Reading this thread: