Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

First day off of the smokes! HELP!

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're doing so well, TIC!  Congratulations on being a crafty fighter!!

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 189
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,725
Amount Saved: $2,126.25
Life Gained:
Days: 35 Hrs: 3 Mins: 25 Seconds: 5

15 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey hey everyone! Well, things are good on my end! 12 days off the smokes I do believe. Thats just a number....what counts is today. :-) So ya, deepbreath.....who would want to smoke in this weather????????????? The air is so thick here! Hot and humid, but you know what....its better then freezing! :-P Your on a month smoke free I do believe are you not? CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Your an inspiration! Its good to hear you are not chewing as much gum either. Thats the idea! :-) Though if you feel you have to do it will ya. Better then smoking. Anyways, it had been a day or 2 since my last post. I am here and love this freakin site. Very good support here and the postings are so encouraging! Have a great smoke free day everyone! :-)
15 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey thrivin!! How you doing today?? just thinking bout u. So hot here today like 29 with humidex of 39 freakin degrees but that's ok. Not hot enough to smoke although i'm sure you could light one off the street. That's ok though.  whatever i get thru will make me stronger for next time. I love being smoke-free anyway.  It's a good thing i like being smoke-free because i'm a non-smoker.  BTW i think i'm down to 6 pieces of gum a day (2 mil each) i take two together now. Two on the way to work at 8am, two at 2;00pm and two in the evening round 8:00pm. So i think that's pretty awesome. I managed that for three days now. who know about tomorrow but i will try. have a good evening Thrivin and all others!!   
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/26/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 28
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 560
Amount Saved: $145.60
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 15 Mins: 46 Seconds: 53

15 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I FEEL FOR YOU!!!

GET YOURSELF SOME SUGAR FREE GUM AND A 1 LITER BOTTLE OF WATER. YOU WILL SEE THAT THEY WILL BECOME YOUR ALLIES TO KILL THE NICOTINE HABIT..

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 41
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 820
Amount Saved: $102.50
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 19 Mins: 53 Seconds: 3

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just wanted to say, welcome and major congratulations, Deepbreath, on getting through the three roughest weeks of your Quit!!

Hang in there and stay tough...

Patrick

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 187
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,675
Amount Saved: $2,103.75
Life Gained:
Days: 34 Hrs: 18 Mins: 40 Seconds: 38

15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thrivingcanada,

If you need further explanation or more help with your quit meter, please contact us through Feedback.

Have a great day!

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
your right on Thrivin.  It's all about today, right now!!!!your doing great and it DOES get better and for me it took no time to get better. Big difference only after 3-4 weeks. anyway go to "my personal profile"  answer all the questionas and where it says "add my quit meter to all my post" click yes. It's ok I had a problem with that too. No worries..... You can show the next person.  Have a good one all you guys and gals.  thank-you for another smoke-free day. nite all. 
My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 26
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 520
Amount Saved: $135.20
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 8 Mins: 1 Seconds: 5

15 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hahaha deepbreath. I noticed that but didn't say anything about the early salutations. Yep, one week has came and past. Today is what counts . :-)How do I put my stats meter on? I have been trying to figure that one out! haha Yep, there are alot of great posts on here thats for sure. One thing I find helps is filling out my cravings diary too. One its kinda disipline and 2 you can always look back at your writings if you choose too. For me though its all about today. What happens today is what counts. I will share this. For a split second the other day I thought f*&k it and I am going to smoke. Then I remembered what made me quit in the first place. Always good to remember when. What smoking made you feel like and what it was doing to you. Do not stare at it....just open the door take a peek and you will be fine after that. Works for me! Anyways, have a happy smoke free night all!
hi Thrivin!!  sorry for the early salutations. Guess i kinda got my wires cross but i do believe it's due now if i can get this airlock out of my brain.  Your one week has arrived?? Would you kindly put your stats meter up for us?????  Congrats buddy!!!!!! your doing great one minute, one hour,  one day at a time. I love getting home and reading your posts (and others too). Right On  l8t4 
My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 25
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 500
Amount Saved: $130.00
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 3 Mins: 56 Seconds: 25

15 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Looking good thriving!

Way to keep active and good for you for drinking lots of water!

Josie, Health Educator

Reading this thread: