Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,522 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always gotten.

16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Annie!!! March is magical month to quit!!! I got the Chantix and this quit has been the easiest one ever, as far as the severity of the withdrawals go. Now that I think back, I think that the lead up to my quit day was way worse than any day so far being smoke free!!! I like to think of it as a challange... a war against the demon who has been killing my family! I'm going to win... how bout you? Good luck and we'll be watching for your posts!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$44,272.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 13

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 84 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi there! it's hard to believe how fast it goes...but it goes fast...each day of non-smoking is like a little mountain you climb....it says on your profile that you're a hiker and a swimmer...you are a disciplined person then and you can do this! when you get uncertain - log on and let us know and we can help you...i have been smoking forever...and now it seems like i never smoked....i still feel the urges and miss it but i know that i am missing something that never cared about me...what a waste of time...good luck....you can do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $408.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$7,234.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 799 Hours: 10

Minutes: 19 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 134 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Anne, You can do it, just stay with it and hang on when it gets bad and come in here. It helps a lot. Drink ice water lots and lots of ice water [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $96.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Annie!! Good Luck..know that there is always someone here to help...I would have never made it without this great group of supporters! We all know you can do it! If we did, so can you! Post often, get out there and drink tons of ice water and let the clean lungs begin!! Oh yeah, and the stinky clothes leave!! Happy Monday! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 882 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $187.43 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Annie, and welcome, just dont smoke stay focused forward never look back , stay here with us when you can Take care of yourself :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2040 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,140.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 291 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$14,570.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 688 Hours: 5

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Annie and welcome to the SSC. As you can see, lots of support and great advice from your fellow members who, soon enough, you'll think of as your friends. Keep that attitude you've brought with you and stay close to this site as you start your quit. Post before and after your quit date and come in here as often as you can manage for help and to support others like us who are doing the utmost to save our lives. Have you decided whether or not you'll use a nicotine replacement or this new pill Champix? Read through the posts here and you'll get great help deciding on that matter. Looking forward to watching your quit meter count you down to health and freedom. Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $573.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Annie! Love that quote! you'll do great! Preparation helps so do try to read all you can. Lots of great advice here! We are here to help! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 369 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,892.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Annie Hi. My name is Moss and when I began this journey I was so scared and had no idea what to expect. I was terrified because smoking was so much a part of everyday life. Whatever emotional experiences you find yourself in, just know that others have been there and you are not alone. Educate yourself about what is happening to you during cessation. I am finally beginning to feel what the long timers here share with us. I can't explain why or what but it does happen. When the going gets tough, hang on to the trust that it will happen for you, too. Stay as close here as you need to. Many here will be happy to help you. Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $371.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Annie! Welcome to the site! Using the tools & resources really helped me out. The milestones let me know what to expect for withdrawals etc. Cause this is my first quit, it was all kinda new to me. I read everything i could on this site to prepare myself. When i quit (3 days after i found the site) i came here all the time (still do). It really does help. I came in the beginning and got soo much support from the members here, they helped me out with my questions, complaints etc. every step of the way. I honestly i couldn't have done it without the help of the people here and this site. It was also important that i kept both my mind and my hands busy. A lot of cleaning and organizing that first and second week. I stayed away from any triggers like morning coffee etc. I hope you get as much from this site as i have! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,098 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $428.22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Annie Welcome. Use the tools, workbooks, meter. Come back often, read post, whatever it takes. I had to admit to myself that I was an addict. I am addicted to nicotine.. and the letters you will see N O P E mean NOT ONE PUFF EVER. I am one puff away from a pack a day. Reward yourself often... especially the first couple weeks... your brain thought nicotine was a reward for a craving .. so you have to retrain. Ice water helps a LOT. I carry a bottle of water with me.. everywhere. (ok I leave it in the car..) for one reward I bought a Cute refillable water bottle. Before you light a cigarette come here and post. wait for 5 or 10 replies... There are so many great people here to help keep you on track [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 459 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72.29 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

Reading this thread: