Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

Is there anyone else here who hasn't reached they're quit date yet?

16 years ago 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i read you day two post look at you..."being comfortable with advising the new ones" 21 days...wow.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/6/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 36 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kathymeg.. my quit day is the 11th.. please feel free to add me to your buddy list. Today I had 3... mostly lighting one.. take one drag and put it out. I have avoided .. smoking at "trigger times".. I am using Chantix. I don't know how many times I "tried" in the past.. but I am not going into this as "trying" I will do it this time. Tonight we just got news my MIL was diagnosed with lung cancer. We are hoping they have found it early enough. She sees the oncologist next week. YOU can DO this and SO can I [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -8 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-1.26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -12322
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Kathymeg! We recommend working through the tools located in your glove compartment. They are a great resource. If you have any questions, just ask! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi KathyMeg, Prepare yourself well and with true focus between here and the 20th Feb. Look around the site and follow the programme with care and attention... after that you might come in here two or three times a day and stick close to your fellow members when you feel antsy... Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome KM...this place is awesome! You will have the support of people all over the world that have "been there, done that", in regards to quitting smoking and they have the best advice and are more sympathetic to what you will go thru than any doctor's office of Lung Association pamphlet can give you. I just quit (18 days) after 36 yrs of smoking, am doing great and I have this website to thank. Read the posts, come here often and read the information provided and just call on any of us if you need to , someone is always here..even if that urge happens at weird hours. Just remeber, post and wait for a few replies before you ever give in to another one of those &*%^! cravings! Welcome!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 324 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $68.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 2223 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kathymeg and welcome to SSC, this is a great place and alot will tell you that they wouldent have made their quit without this site including myself, ifs great support alot of great people and we even try to make it fun I hope you do real well in the quit and we will be here when you get ready :) Tresa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2010 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,035.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 287 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$14,570.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 688 Hours: 7

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 43 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kathymeg!! Welcome to the greatest support you will ever receive in your quit. I am fairly new and I am happy to report I am on my 5th day of my quit and I feel great! I wasn't sure I was going to really quit but here I am 5 days later and still smoke free. I would encourage you to go to the Introduce Yourself forum and post there, once you do, you will see a HUGE response of people in here who have quit and who are in the process of quitting. This site hosts an amazing bunch of people who know the ins and outs of quitting, who know what you are going through and what you will go through. I wouldn't have made it this far without them. Your quit date is Feb 20th and you smoke 10 a day!! That is an amazing start, I was smoking almost a pack a day when I quit and I did it...YOU CAN TOO!!! Believe in urself and thing positive!! You too will be a non smoker! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 64 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm new here and my quit date is February 20th. I have tried to quit twice before and failed both times. This time I really want to quit. I smoke about 10 cigarettes a day and have smoked for 32 years. I hope this site will help.

Reading this thread: