Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Hi :)

16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tina, You're doing great with 3 days smoke free! Keep doing what you are doing and no matter what, don't give in. You've made it through the most difficult part of this journey and things improve a lot after this! Glad to hear your hubby is being supporting and smoking outside-that's great! Maybe you'll inspire him to quit smoking when he sees how well you are doing! As far as the computer, try rearranging the area around your computer and sucking on hard candy while you are on the computer. I've heard that some put a scented candle near the area (maybe where your ask tray used to be). This might help you with that trigger. The only way to make the triggers go away is to face them without smoking. It's hard, but it CAN be done. You're doing great! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 282 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,410.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice to meet everyone and thank you so much for the support and encouragement. Since my first post my hubby has started smoking outside for me and I have been avoiding all triggers known to make me smoke, including the computer :) I have been 3 days since I have smoked :)) 3 days with just one minor slip when I took a drag off hubby's cig. Yes, I have 6 kids, 3 boys ages 17, 15, 14, and 3 girls ages 13, 10, and 4. I am off to do some more reading :) Thanks again everyone. Tina [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 75 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow - good choice to quit - think of the example you are sending to your children - that ones own health and body are very very important and that smoking sn't something to mess aorund with. I have 5 kids btw - It's nice to meatcha! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 536 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10,050.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're doing great Tina!!! You're moving in the right direction and this is not an easy thing to do. A little determination and a positive attitude will take you a long way!! Stay strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 294 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,880 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,234.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Momto6 You can use anything you like to replace the cigarette. It's whatever works. I use a straw that I cut in half and suck on that...actually inhale and exhale. It does help quite a bit. Also, I posted on the living-room wall next to where I sit a list of reasons why I quit smoking. It's a real incentive. And it does get easier as time goes by. I'm not having as many cravings since I quit Dec. 9. Anyway, congratulations on your decision to quit. The best to you. Ginette [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $371.28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$56,591.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 781 Hours: 5

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mom - I am a newbie just like you. I agree, you can't possibly be 'weak' if you have six kids! Try carrot sticks. I have been finding great comfort in having one in my hand & munching on it when reading a newspaper or relaxing, things I would associate with smoking. Good luck. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome. Continue coming here and read. Work the program, get the Allen Carr book. Do the best you can, just don't give up on yourself. Quitting smoking is so worth it. I don't know how old your children are, but mine use to give me so much heck and I still wouldn't quit. I look back now and think how selfish I was. My children left home every day going to school smelling like an ashtray. I wish with all my heart I could change that, but I can't. Now my grandchildren do have a Nana that doesn't smoke and that is good. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 247 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,470 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $370.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One day at a time!!! Welcome! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 359 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,385 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,507.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
momto6, In my humble opinion, [b]nobody[/b] with six kids is weak! You'll hear a lot of people say that they wished they quit sooner because it was easier than they thought. Just take it day by day. There is also a book by Allan Carr that some swear by that helps to see it can be done. The library might have a copy. You've got all the motivation in the world to quit, those girls will be so proud of you. Even if they are too young to understand now they will one day - and so will you! Here's to feeling great in 2008 :) All the best [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1245 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 24,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5,602.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 97 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$36,985.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 639 Hours: 16

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to SSC, Momtosix! Congratulations on your decision to stop smoking. Health was also my main reason for quitting. The online program will help you a great deal, so look through it when you get a chance. Try chewing on a straw, chewing gum or sucking on hard candies to help with the cravings. Sunflower seeds helped me a great deal, also. You are not too weak to quit. You CAN do this! Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 280 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,400.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: