Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

I'm so stupid!

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Steve, Congrats! Glad you came here, we are where it's at! We are here to help! Sounds like you know the ropes! So make yourself at home, post if you need us, and hang on, it is quite the ride! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,424.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Steve & congrats for getting back on the wagon. You're not stupid, you're smart for learning from your slip & coming here. I'm going to bump a thread for you about the consequences of one puff, so you can see you aren't the only one. I can't remember what it's called but I think it's in the preventinmg relapse forum. Just look for a thread with "one puff led to this" in the title. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $726.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit smoking on September 19,2006. I remained smoke free until about a month ago. I have no idea why I had the first cigarette, I guess I was feeling "bullet proof" because I had done so well. What makes it even dumber is that my reward for quitting was to ride a week long bike tour. I trained hard and got in my best shape of the past ten years. I started smoking again two weeks before The Bicycle Tour of Colorado. I was smoking about three of four cigs a day. I completed the week long, 425 mile ride, through the mountains of Colorado and felt great (My butt was a bit sore). I figured that when I got home I would resume quitting. The last two weeks I have fallen completly off the wagon and have been smoking a pack a day! No more! Today I am quitting again and will remember NOPE (Not one puff ever). I'll be back to this this site daily to get me going again!

Reading this thread: