Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Hi, I'm Greg and I Quit Smoking

16 years ago 0 82 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Greg, welcome! Congrats on your first 2 (almost 3 now) days!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congrats Greg!!! Welcome to feeling better :) It gets easier, soon you will notice all sorts of things, smells, tastes, etc...and breathing - that is the best. This place is a great support system, come often - it helps. Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 320 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Greg, Welcome to the SSC! You may also find it helpful to read through our forums. There is tons of quit information that will be of use to you. If you have any questions, just ask. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congradulations on your quit :) It really does get easier as each day goes by. I wasn't to sure I was going to make it the first few days but it's not so bad now. Hang in there. We're here for you [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
16 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you. You are all so nice and so supportive. I've done the workbook and printed selected pages and paragraphs. For now, I'm carrying them around with me and reviewing them when necessary. Thanks again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the site, Greg, and congratulations on your 3 days so far. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 420 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $231.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Greg Welcome to the site. And congratulations on your first two days. After today the nicotine will be out of your system. I agree with everyone else....use the workbook and/or glove compartment stuff to the left. Also, drink plenty of water. I think most people begin to notice urges to smoke occur around the same time/event ...whether it's after work, driving, after meals, time to think, break time, etc. It's good to plan ahead for those times, have a coping strategy or mini-reward ready. And of course, when you can, read and post often. I look forward to watching your quit meter climb. -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,920 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $496.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the site, Greg, and congratulations on your 3 days so far. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 420 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $231.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Greg, Happy that you have joined us here. Yes it is a major change in our lives when most every action that we had accomplished from getting up in the morning until we turned in for the evening revolved around the God fobidden awful thing. I see that Rusty has pointed you to the work book. Write down the list of reasons why you have quit and view them often. This is a good place to learn how to quit and stay quit. Looking forward to seeing you on the quiting side of town. Regards Stickin To It [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 497 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,946 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,733.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 90 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Greg, Rusty is right, this is the place to be to quit. Lots of support and important information. Take it one day at a time, one hour or one minute. Lots of deep breathing and dum-dums were my fav! Lollipops that is... N.O.P.E Terri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 248 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $882.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: