Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Getting through the second week!

16 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi liz you are doing really well keep up the good work lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 201 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,016 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �804 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$113,515.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6490 Hours: 11

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Liz. Do yourself a favor and don't expect to much of yourself for a few more weeks (except to not smoke :8|:) Plan to pamper yourself as much as you can. Take a nap, read a book, lie down and read a mag, take a bath, watch a movie - whatever will make you feel good and rested. Motivation to do stuff will come back, but the first few weeks of quitting tend to take a lot out of you physically as your body and mind is healing from the toxins. Hang in there! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $179.52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$119,531.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6400 Hours: 21

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just for the record, Wellbutrin is an anti-depressant and also marketed under the name Zyban. Same drug. It's not an NRT and has helped me only with the psychological side effects, not physical. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,337 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $580 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all for your kind words of encourgement. I am hanging in there, just like you guys are. I don't have the physical addition anymore, I'm just feeling a lack of motivation, which I contribute to not smoking. I felt that cigarettes would give me the engery and push I needed to begin work. I had smoked for 30 years and doing things at home without the cigarettes is very difficult, but I refuse to give up! My husband quit 7 years ago, cold turkey, and his advice is the same as everyone's on this site-POSTIVE FEEDBACK! Reading your messages really help through those difficult times when you feel like taking a cigarette. Thanks for the advice on Chintix. I've gotten this far without the use of any NRTs and I'm going to keep it that way. I guess I was looking for something to help with the psyological addition, but I guess it's not in a pill, it's in changing your behavior and way of thinking- I AM A NON-SMOKER! Until Later, Liz [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 209 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Liz, sorry you are having such a difficult time right now. We all have been there. It does get easier. Talk to your Dr. about Chantix, but with Chantix you are suppose to smoke for the first week. So to me, you would be moving backward. I did the Chantix and think that is exactly how I am where I am right now. Nicotine has left your body and now the fight is with the nicodemon. The little voices which tell you about smoking--they lie.. You have to talk back to them and tell them NO NO and never again... You have to do that until they give up on you.. One little relapse and the demon has you back.. Just keep saying NO to the mind games. The mental addiction for me is by far the worse. It took 3.5 months but now they are very seldom. BUT with each time you win the battle you are taking some steam out of the demon. The craves do get easier, believe me.... You can fight in.. You can win. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 116 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,985 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1392 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Liz, I have to completely disagree with Lainey on this one. I started Wellbutrin after my quit date and it has kept me on the straight and narrow almost effortlessly. I quit cold turkey and after three days of hell - I called in for a prescription to protect my quit, the days and hard work I already put into it. Whatever it takes, try it. You have nine long days under your belt. Why not try anything and everything to keep it going? Good luck and hang in there! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 115 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $575 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Liz, Well done on your QUIT.. thinking about smoking is a normal process of quiting, its what you think that matters. If you think that "whoo id love a smoke" this is what makes it difficult. If you think and remind yourself "Wow, this great im a non smoker" you will reinforce the positive...Remember evertime you do something as a NON SMOKER you are replacing that action of when you use to smoke. Most of all rejoice in your quit, you only have to quit ONCE ,,,then FREEDOM all the best jeanigirl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Liz I quit cold turkey and, like you, found those behavioural ones hardest to forget. I assume that now you have come this far it is better to go on than start to put nicotine back in your body. Just get hooked to this site instead and read and post your way into next month! Gen :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 709 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �308 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Liz From my experience IF you can get through without NRT do so... When I eventually came off the patch I found that it was almost like giving up again..... BUT anything but smoke mate! Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 276 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,076 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1449 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 579 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Liz, I found things got easier towards the end of week 3. You are through the worst already, so just keep going. As the physical symptoms subside, you must continue to fight a mental battle to some extent.....not so much a craving, but a questioning of 'now I've beaten this, I could just have one every now and then.' Look out for these thoughts - and kick them very firmly when you hear them. Remember N.O.P.E (Not One Puff Ever). There will come a day when you can not remember why you ever wanted to smoke. A day when you can not believe the 'lies' you used to tell yourself. You are doing great! Keep going day by day. Lizzie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1479 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 22,188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �6655.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 147 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
  • Quit Meter

$8,844.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 782 Hours: 10

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: