Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

First time to post / Chantix

16 years ago 0 250 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Jan!! I'm doing well. Day 33, done and done. Bring it, day 34. This is THE quit. I know it. And I'm so excited. Every other quit, I can now admit, I saw a cigarette in my future. Not this time! I know myself better than that. I now know that I can't take a puff and continue to build momentum. Every failed quit has been an opportunity to learn better how to quit this time. With the knowledge I've gained and the support I've given myself the permission to have, I know I can make it. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! It's empowering to type that. Starting to have some fun! --Shakes [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 661 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome shakes and good luck! You can do this with wanting to not smoke more than wanting to smoke. I am a chantix user. I am now 15 day's smoke free after smoking 2 packs a day for 30 yrs. I never thought i could do this but with chantix's help here i am able to type this. chantix helps with the physical cravings but you yourself have to fight the mental ones and they will be there. Cigarette's taste horrible on chantix. They will start to taste stale or off. I quit on my 6th day of taking chantix and haven't looked back. Yes i still have cravings but i want my quit more than i want a cigarette. Post often and let us know how it's going! jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Thanks y'all! And you go, Mitch. -Shakes [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 636 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $279 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Shakes I started smoking when I was 13 years old and had my first quit when I was 22. Since then I've quit for 2 years and then taken it up again for 2. This is the first time, I've felt positive about quitting for good and it's because of this group. Whenever I'm struggling, Iknow for a fact there's other people out there stuggling with me. Stick with the group they'll help you through anything. Mitch [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shakes, Welcome to the SSC and congratulations on 31 days! You're right, there is no shame in asking for help so don't hesitate to reach out if you need us or have a question. Keep us posted. Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shakes and welcome. I'm another Chantix user and very satisfied with it. The key is that you have to want to quit more than you want to smoke. Chantix helps, but you have to do the grunt work. But it sounds like you have a great perspective about it. I had to laugh about the shrink stuff. My mom would be horrified if she knew about all the therapy I've undergone in the last year or two! She could use some herself, but she never will do it. She just drives everyone around her to it! LOL There is nothing wrong with talking to a professional or with using medication if it will help you cope and get better adjusted. Hang in there and stay smoke-free. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 463 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $155.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$119,533.93

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6401 Hours: 2

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks Everybody for your responses! Funny thing: I'm not really a shy person in my life. But I'm fiercely independent, ya know. It's always been hard for me to ask for help. And I have a high threshhold for pain. I was the kid who listened to my football coach in High School when he'd say "walk it off", and I would...only to find out the next day that a bone in my foot was fractured! But things are changing. I'm seeing a shrink. Which is, for some stupid reason that nobody can name, a big no-no in my family. I guess they think that if you seek counseling there must be som'm wrong with ya. Well I've been smoking at least a pack a day since I was 15 years old; something IS wrong. And I've use cigarettes to cope/escape/deal/whatever. I've found that most of the times I would light up were due to anxiety. And using Chantix has helped me to get rid of the chemical/physical cravings for the most part...Now it's just me and my Anxiety. I call it the Anxiety Monster, and I will slay it! :eg: And I know that when I'm having my worst cravings or when I'm feeling a desperate need for a smoke: it means that the Anxiety Monster (the addiction) is getting more and more desperate. It's losing and grasping at straws and doing anything possible to stay in the game. It makes it fun, like Nance was saying. :) Anyway, posting is good. It's cathartic to type this stuff, knowing that others will read it. And it's refreshing to know that I have help, AND THAT IT's OKAY TO GET HELP!! --Shakes [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 631 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $279 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shakes, I am also very new in here, shy and a chantix user. Your quit has been longer than mine and so I look up to you. My quit is going quite well. I have only had 2 episodes since taking the chantix. One while I was still smoking at the first dosage increase, then one after I quit when I got into an argument with my son. Welcome to the SSC and post, post, post! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21.12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's all about your attitude people! If you expect something to be hard, or bad, you can bet it will be. If you expect something to be fun, and positive, it will be that. You will live up (or down) to your own expectation. So be positive, expect some fun, and quit smoking! Expect the end of your chantix days to be no big deal! Expect any bumps in the road to be just that, a little bump that won't throw you off course. I have found through this quit that it is much easier to be positive! And a whole lot of fun! Who would have thought that quitting smoking could be fun???? Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,445 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $392.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shakes, there's only one reason that anyone would try to quit smoking 6 times in two years; they really, really want to be free of cigarettes! :) And you will be!! Welcome to our little community. We have something to offer you, but you also have something that we need. As you overcome this addiction on a daily basis, you strengthen the rest of us. That's how this works. We encourage each other in meeting our common goals and overcoming our common struggles. We're stronger together. And 'WE', now includes you! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,536 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $564.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26

Reading this thread: