Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Help I want a cig or I'm going to scream

16 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heidijo, How is it going? Did you get to go out to dinner? Hope it is going better now. You can do this. You did the right thing by comming here for help. Do it whenever you need to. Jnine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,236 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $305.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heidijo, Good job. You got it!!!! It is all about keeping your mind busy with other things. Just a hint that worked for me. The first couple of days do the movie thing. Rent a movie..get some suckers and mentally escape watching movies. Movies are a great way to pass time easily. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,095 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $464.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Heidijo....I had a rough night last night, I came to this site, posted, and started reading through alot of the posts. I read until I fell asleep. I made it through...You can too!!! We are all pulling for you! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 83 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $14.08 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone on great advice. I'm hoping to get my fiance to go out to dinner tonight to keep my mind off smoking we'll see [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know it's negative, but what gets me through a craving is remembering all the bad things about smoking: I stank, I lost $13.60 for each packet, the taste of my mouth in the morning. I'm still craving, but I can switch off to it. Mitch [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
one of the things that helped me was to remember that I didn't want to go back and start again, but I'm in recovery for some other stuff as well so I really know how it can be relapasing and all, "think of it" there are great benfits to not smoking and when SSC track what your doing or not doing it is fun and a BIG BLESSING as well, say a prayer and hang on "FOR LIFE"
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Heidijo. Do you remember what it was like learning to smoke ?? The dizziness,feeling like you wanted to throwup etc. Well now where going to learn how not to smoke.Same process but the end gain to not smoking is much more benificial than the end gain to continued smoking right. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 818 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heidi SO! Cig or Scream? SCREAM!!!!! Louder I cant hear you!! Phil (UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 270 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,942 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1417.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
heidijo....it is hard the firs few days....you are trying to reprogram yourself...you are trying to become someone new....You can do it...Everytime you log on make sure you launch your im..you can start adding people to your buddy list by clicking on their name...please add my name...you didn't just smoke over night...you probably did it for awhile...well, it will take you awhile not to smoke or want to smoke...I still get thoughts of going out and having a smoke...I am still telling myself that i am not a smoker any more... i also still get the thoughts...just one won't hurt...but i remind myself that i don't want to smoke any more...i know it is just the addition talking and the fact that I am trying to change my way of living...no more routine for me...It's a whole new world......You can do it...take deep breathes....like you are giving a big sigh to what I am writing....Then do it again...You might even get lighted LOL I know I did at first....then sip a glass of cold ice water....you can do this! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 219 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Heidi! Welcome to the SSC! Friday's a good day to quit smoking! I also quit on a Friday and just look how far I am now! So you can do it too! Be good to yourself today. You are doing something very special for yourself, so you need to treat yourself like it... give yourself a nice reward for making it one of the hardest days of your quit. And keep reminding yourself that for each day you are smoke free, you are one day closer to NEVER feeling this way again! It does happen! It takes time, but eventually, you won't think of smoking hardly ever... not smoking just becomes a natural part of life. Try to distract yourself in whatever ways you can. Drink lots of water and fruit juice... water to flush out toxins and fruit juice to keep your blood sugar levels normal... they go CRAZY when you quit! So anyway, congrats on 1 day! Way to go! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 686 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 17,173 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2833.18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40

Reading this thread: