Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Hey I'm Mitch

17 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mitch, We all have strong triggers (that morning cup of coffee, a good cold beer, etc.) that we fear we won't be able to fend off once we quit- but we can. Please don't let your fear stop you from taking that first step- we will be here to help you. Welcome to the site and please keep us posted! Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 728 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $153.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 533 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mitch, Just wondering how you are doing? One day at a time :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 72 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow!! Thanks everyone Mitch
17 years ago 0 706 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mitch and welcome. I am fairly new here and have found that this is a wonderful place. Everyone is very supportive and helpful. Read as much as you can... I have learned a lot. You won't regreat quitting.. I feel much better just after 1 week... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 132 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Mitch, Welcomg to the SSC and congratulations on quitting! Please take the time to familiarize yourself with our programs tools. We have a great online quit program that can help you plan ahead for withdrawal symptoms, cravings and other triggers such as stress, anger and other emotions. If you have any questions, just ask. We are always here to help! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Mitch! Check out the site here, do all you can to prepare, it will help you enormously! And attitude really makes a difference, try to come into this as positive as you can! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,311 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $548.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mitch You would not regret quitting. I smoked for 25+ years and I never thought I could quit. I loved my cigs, but with the help of this site and Chantix, I did quit and I am so glad I did and you will be too. There is so much help, advise and support on this site. The best part is that you can get this 24/7. Good luck with your quit and let us know how we can help. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,410 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 126 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mitch,HI Glad you have decided to stop smoking.You have made a very wise choice.Set your mind to it,90% of success in stopping smoking is attitude.Come on this site read ,post and enjoy your new smokefree life. GOOD LUCK TO YOU
17 years ago 0 232 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mitch, Glad you're here. Your odds of quitting successfully go way up when you use a support group like this. There's tons of information on this site, and the more educated you are about your addiction, the better you can fight it off. I'm wishing you luck, but you won't need it. You already have everything you need to succeed at this, just find it and use it. Legend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 363 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mitch, Welcome to the site....So happy to have you here with us. While you're thinking about your quit date, you should read the workbook over on the left side of the page. It's so interesting and it really helps to prepare you for your quit. Also, read lots of posts and post a lot yourself. We're here for you when you're ready. You CAN do it. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 67 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,034 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29

Reading this thread: