Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I...quit!

17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Heh, how goes it? Day 3...and still hanging on. Last night was not so bad except that I am very irritable; to the point that I almost hate myself; however, it does feel good in the morning to realize that I've managed to survive one more day. During the day is not so bad for me as, I am sure with everyone else around here, we can't smoke inside. My buddy is off this week which is good in a way, doesn't come around and say "coming out for a smoke?". Anyway, congratulations to you also. How are u coping so far? Have a great day. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 47 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
Hi, heh, started day two today and I hope I can keep it up. I have not taken any patches and/or nicorette thus far but I think I will have to shortly. I can feel myself getting quite irritable and I do not like it. I keep reading others who mention Chantix...I must do some research on this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Thanks Phil. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Thank you very much for the encouraging words...and let me tell you, it does work. I just want to beat this Nick guy for it has been ruining/running my life for way too long. I don't find that I have much trouble from the time I get up to the time I get home from work. Being a bit of a workaholic while at work, I don't see the time go by. However, when I get home is when my weakness shows. Long evenings. I must find something to do to keep me occupied otherwise I will become unliveable with. Thanks again... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 33 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
Let me see... - clean out the room downstairs because no one ever replaces things where they find them and they end up here (might just be too frustrating) - take dog out for a walk (however, this won't take long) but healthy - finish room downstairs (good idea) - watch hockey game, nah, too much sitting on my behind, too many openings for frustrations with everyone around you - need empty space, where I can be by myself as I don't want to offend anyone. Sounds like I am a mean person, but really I am not. I just do not want some sarcasrm or nasty remarks to come out because I am craving something I have been doing for almost 40 yrs. 40 yrs, that is a long tim Talk to you guys tomorrow...wish me luck this evening.
Hi everyone. My name is Cyril and today is the first day of the rest of my life and I hoping to make it a smoke free "rest of my life". I woke up this morning realizing how much I really hated smoking and it is now quitting time at work and still feel the same way; although, I still have tonight to go through. I am 52 yrs young and today I started going to the gym again like I was doing last spring. I am hoping that this will assist me in kicking the habit; although, I have been smoking since I was 16...yuchhhh! I came across this site today and thought, why not as I will not get much help on the home front. My wife smokes too so this will be a challenge. I am hoping this site can help me. If anyone wishes to comment, by all means. I don't bite...well, this quitting might keep me edgy for a while, why it is that I am thinking of stopping by the drug store and getting some patches and/or gum to help me along. Drop me a line. First day and counting. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Last Puff! I'm happy you stumbled upon this website, I hope you find it as helpful as I have (and do). I tried quitting 4 times before and always returned to the nasty habit. This time seems different for me, mostly due to the preparation and support offered by this website. I am only on day 2 but I will happily keep you posted on what I'm going through and offer any support I can. Congratulations!!! Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 26 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Last Puff, and congratulations to you!!! If it helps you at all (and I hope it does) my mother smoked for 43 years. And she has not had a cigarette in over 60 days! If she can do it, believe me you can!!! And if things get really tough, just let me know, cause we have the same quit date...so we may be going through some of the same things. Anyway, congratulations on your decision to quit; I know you can do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 35 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Last Puff, you are doing great! We're all in this together! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 443 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Last Puff, Congratulations on your life changing decision!! I'm a new quitter and have found that getting my self psyched up for my quit was and is an important factor in my quit. I strongly suggest using a stop smoking aid to help make your quit successful and more bearable. This site is also a wonderful place for support. Best wishes, Brad [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 131 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34

Reading this thread: