Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,673 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

TO ALL OF YOU! PLEASE READ!

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaset: Great words of wisdom you have written. I have not got to my quit date but you have definitely hit a nerve with this one. I have printed out your words and put them in my Ceridian folder to help me towards throwing this nasty habit to the wind. Thank you. :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jaset, the way your post read suggest to me that you quit cold turkey? Is this so? auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,085 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $194.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jaset... I love you!! :blush: (in the sense of kinship) Will you be my partner to mentor our new members who wish to be? :quest: I like your style of laying it on the line!! I look at your post and it's like looking at the same messages I would have written...in 1982 when I quit cold-turkey for 10 years. I have been reading many of your post, and am amazed at your insight into this addiction. auntdeb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,077 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $194.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To all you X-smokers and wannabes: I have been recently reading and re-reading so many posts. I am so thrilled and astonished at all the people who are giving up those rotten cancer killing sticks. I can not believe what I am reading. People yelling out for help, people cracking jokes, people admitting that they are finally ready to fight there addiction, people who are sad and lonely, people who are depressed and even people who have failed. Its ok people, its really ok! Because we all know that it takes time, courage and extreme will power to fight your quit. Please stop what you are all doing right now. Stop and look at what you all have accomplished up to now, even if your quit is 1 day old. Now clear your mind of your quit for 1 minute, close your eyes and re-enforce your quit. If you are thinking that the urge is starting to get to you and you desperately want a drag, stop and think where and what you were feeling prior to your quit. Think of your coughing and gagging and all the times you felt like you were a failure. Think of the way you smelled and the way people looked at you when you were sucking on that lung killing stick. Think about the way you felt when you tried to walk up a flight of stairs and the way you gasped for a full breath of air. Think about the urge and what it did to you for so many years. Think about the brown crap you used to cough up and swallow. Think about that brown nicostain between your fingers. Think about all the people you know who expired from smoking and all the problems they went through. Think about how there families must feel. Think about where you might be right now had you not stopped smoking. Think about the people who mean the most to you and how proud they are of you. Think about how your spouse hugs you and smells the beautiful sent of your hair. Think about how you can finally suck in a nice breath of air! Reinforce your quit now. For most of us quitters, at least the ones that have been smoke free for 30, 60 and even 90 days are without a doubt feeling great. With that comes temptation. I mean, we tend to feel so good that we often think it might be ok to try a cig to see what it feels like. If you feel that way and I know I do at times, just think of what got you to this point in your quit and all th
Kiwi, its a mind altering drug! No different from any other psychological drug, other than its legal! The key to the quit is no more than convincing yourself that you can quit. That might not be so easy, but if we put our mind to something, we can beat it. Look at the people who have quit for over 20 years. They are no better than we are, they just figured out that its all in the mind and thats how they beat it. But to me, it goes with the trigger points and the will to live and to survive. It may seem compilcated, but its not really. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,721 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $473 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
Yes auntdeb, tried them all. They work but only for a short time. I tried the wellbutrin but I could not withstand the side affects. I got dizzy at times and couldnt perform my job. I did not pick a day to quit, i just stumbled upon this site and never looked back! Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,735 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $473 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Cobanfan, So on my 100th day quit I can hit the beach, kick up some sand, drink beer, check out the eye candy and enjoy a cuban cagar? Cool! like it already! lol Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,735 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $473 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
I have heard people tell me, " your on your way the the beach". I live in Buffalo, cold, ice storms, rain, plenty of snow. I am 12 hours away from any beach and besides, I dont like sand where the sun dont shine! lol. Wanna enlighten me pleasse? Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,734 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $473 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Cobenfan, we are in this for the long haul, are we not? :)I have come a long way and so did you. I pissed some people off along the way im sure, but I hope I helped more than I pissed off! lol. Everone needs to realize that there addiction can be beaten forever. I have learned a lot from all of the people on this site, more than 6 years of school. So my quit is a direct result of the staff and people like you. Thanks again, Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,735 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $473 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Hi auntdeb, With no strings attached, I would do more than my part as your partner to mentor our new members. A task that I would be delighted to except. Many people who smoke will never know what it is like to feel like they did when they didnt smoke. I hope to be able to change that and I hope that people will see that there are no advantages to smoking. I want to share something with you if I may. I am a hockey coach, I coach 17 and 18 year old kids. Last night when I pulled into the parking lot of the rink we were playing, I seen my center dragging off a cig. I didnt say anything to him when I first seen him, but after our game was over I pulled him aside and asked him why he choose to smoke. He replied, " coach, I smoke cuz I dont want to go into a nursing home". I had to rub my eyes at that one. I just looked at him and replied, " dont worry, you wont" Looking forward to the challange! Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,732 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $473 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19

Reading this thread: