Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Did One Day of Cold Turkey and Blew It !

17 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes Lin ,,just check Katy's milage or mileage very impressive,,,there are so many tricks we can play on our mind to help us deal with the withdrawal,,,You did well quitting but you still have that desire to quit after falling again which is positive,,Just keep plugging away at it [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$168,988.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9144 Hours: 15

Minutes: 20 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Thanks again for all the support two days off and feeling pretty darn good. I am actually picturing myself as a non-smoker. Thanks again for all the support, I am really glad I found this site and signed up. Thanks again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 59 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$419,745.48

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6424 Hours: 21

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you for all the support. I actually changed my date to Jan 28 from Jan 30th, after reading all the great stories on this site. I have come to realize that I will have days (especially early on) that will be difficult as I am craving the nicotine, however if I smoke the cigarette, what good will it do. So thanks again for the support, I will let you know how I am making out. Lin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 32 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$419,745.48

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi I just signed up on this site. I quit on Sat Jan 27 for only one day and unfortunately blew it. I was smoke free for 24 hours. I really want to quit but the withdrawal was, to be honest unbearable. I quit two previous times using the patch, but was not successful. I thought I would do it cold turkey this time , as I understand that smoking does not relieve any of the things the tobacco companies tell us it does. I really want to be free of cigarettes, but am having a difficult time with the nicotine withdrawal. Thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$419,745.48

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome! I also quit cold turkey. I think that educating yourself about nicotine and quiting smoking helps alot. Drink lots of water, do breathing exercies, suck on candy, etc...should also help you. When you are ready to quit again, stop by this site and read before you decide to take another smoke. Also, remembering that craves only last a few minutes will also get you through them. Just take it one crave at a time. There are alot of people who have experienced quitting longer than I have on this site. These things have worked for me, at least give them a try! Good luck and check back with us! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 311 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lin and welcom to the site, Are you taking anything to help with your quit? Have you talked to your doctor. There are many things out there to help with the cravings unless you want to do this cold turkey. I quit for 3 years going cold turkey. THEN THE BIG MISTAKE I SMOKED 1!!!!!!!!! Like they say 1 is to many and 1000 is not enough. Well here I am again. Made the 2 week mark and going strong. You can do this, be strong and use all the help you can get from this site. jnine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lin What can I add??? All I can say is that it is not easy BUT it IS worth it! If you can do it cold turkey I would ,I had lots of trouble getting off NRT but if you neeed NRT or whatever do it . ANYTHING BUT SMOKE! Come on mate I am with you!!!!! Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 175 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,679 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �918.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 35 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lin, Welcome to the SSC! What withdrawals are you having trouble with? Unfortunately, there is no way around them but there are many things you can do to make some of them more bearable. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with your glove compartment and start working through our quit program. Our forums are also full of tips on how to manage cravings and other issues so keep reading. We hope to hear from you again soon. Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 682 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good job, Lin! I find my biggest issue comes from the quarreling going on in my mind. I am my own worst enemy. Do you find this too or is it more of a physical withrdrawl. I think that identifying what kind of issue you are having will help you beat the crap out of it! Read up on addiction...that really helps to see what we are! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 90 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 301 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lin, Some days are tougher than others, and especially during the early days of your quit. THe best thing about going cold turkey is that you get the bad stuff out of the way quickly. I went cold turkey this time and got through the first week by making sure I was not alone and that those around me were supportive. This made life relatively easy. Do try again, it is worth the effort, and you will feel so proud of yourself. Need help ?? we are always here for you. Good luck KiwiKeith [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 123 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,076 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1426.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: