Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Hello, new to the site..

17 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's now been 1 full day for me.. I am doing way better than I thought (even though I KNOW this will have it's ups and downs) I aways used smoking as a reward and do it out of bordem.. I clean, then smoke, Im bored, I want a smoke. So today I've been really busy, like non stop cleaning because if I stop then I will want to award myself and that is when it bugs me the most.. I did all my housework today and I even have my kids pancake breakfast ready to be made.. I have all the ingredients pre measured, all the cooking utensils, dishes and napkins all set out on my kitchen counter..It will keep me busy in the morning so I wont think about smoking to much.. Thanks again to everyone.. @ Sparky, my children are still small so they don't understand.. My daughter ask me if I hurt myself because I was wearing a bandaid on my arm..hahaha
Hi everyone thanks for your warm welcomes :) .. I stated above that I was scared to wake up and I've been up for a bit over 2 hours.. I put the patch on right when I woke up and skipped my morning coffee so I would not want to smoke.. Right now Im feeling groggy and quite tired.. Im not sure if it's from not having coffee or because I am a little sick.. Oh well, I haven't smoked so it's all good :) So once again thanks for the warm welcome.. Im gonna take the next few days to browse around the board get used to the tools.. [b]Jan58[/b] yes, I am using the nicoderm patch [b]Phil[/b] congratulations, that is such a great accomplishment [b]fagashlynne[/b] thanks [b]SammiJO[/b] thanks for sharing about the patch, I get so excited when I hear people saying that it actually has worked for them, it gives me hope :)
Im a 29 y/o female from the Fraser Valley in BC. I have smoked around 15 ciggys a day for the past 15 years.. I have been thinking of quiting smoking for about a year but there was never a good time, Im sure you've all heard and felt the same at some point..lol.. About 6 months ago one of my co-workers husbands got re-diagnosed with cancer and he passed away yesturday.. The past few months I kind of geared up for quitting, started smoking a lil bit less, stopped buying cartons which I started doing about a year ago.. My coworkers hubbys passing was inevitable so I used that as my starting point.. Is that horrible? :'( Anyways, today I planned on buying the patch.. I put it off all day until I drove by the pharmacy and stopped in..Then I discovered that I had left my wallet at home and my boyfriend did not have his with him either.. But low and behold, I had used my credit card earlier and didnt put it back in my wallet so I just happened to have it in my back pocket.. Think it's time? Seemed that way to me :) So yah, Im feeling kinda of scared to wake up tommorow morning not knowing what is going to go on during the day.. I have 2 kids, I hope I don't totally rag out on them all the time or something.. So hellooo everyone.. : )
17 years ago 0 292 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oh, and by the way, I'm using the patch, and it's working great for me. :)
17 years ago 0 292 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi PB, I don't believe in coincidence - so YES! It was definitely time to quit! Good luck as you begin this journey... you can do it! Sammi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 251 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to SSC Platinum! Congratulations on choosing to quit, you will get loads of support here so stay close and post often. Enjoy! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Platinum Welcome to the site. We are all in this together. Good luck tomorrow. Gismo [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 172 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Butterfly, Congrats on quitting and I'm so glad your here. There is alot of great information and support here at the SSC. I also have two kid's, and don't worry....they will survive you quitting...mine came out of it just fine, and love me so much for quitting. I'm also using the patch, and went down to the 7mg patch last week. Stick to the patch plan. It has worked great for me. It is really good at taking care of the physical symptoms of withdrawl....and all you have to do is focus on the psychological withdrawl. You will not regret this decision!!!! Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,397 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $346.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't fight fate. There is a reason why that card was in your pocket. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
nello platinum butterfly, welcome toi the SSC, you will find lots of support here congrats on your decision to quit you can do this lynne(UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,157 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �308 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$113,535.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6491 Hours: 17

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: