Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,629 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

I am quitting at midnight!

17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi everyone! my name is sarah, 23 years old and live in northern ireland. i really want to quit smoking, really really really. gonna quit tonight at midnight, new year resolution and all that. i've decided to go cold turkey. i hate smoking, my family and fiance know i smoke, but only a few of my friends know because i am so ashamed of it. its a shameful thing to me now, especially as i have a little boy who will be 2 next month. (btw i don't smoke around him but i know thats no excuse anyway). i've read up a few things about smoking on the web, and i got paul mckennas quit smoking book yesterday which i've read, it has a few good insights and tips in it. i cant wait to quit. the reason i havent quit right now is because i am looking forward to tonight when i have my last cigarette and i can say "thank heck thats over!" i've smoked since i was 14, then i quit for about a year and a half when i discovered i was pregnant, and then i started again when my ds was about 6 months-ish old. i really regret starting again and feel so guilty when i think of all the nicotine and godknowswhatelse going through my milk to my baby. i just keep imagining my son smoking when he is older and it makes me want to cry. or if i die early and arn't around for him. i am doing this for him as much as for myself. anyway, i'll stop rambling now. just thought i'd introduce myself! sarah ps. forgot to say that the other half will probably register too. he is quitting aswell but he doesnt seem to have the determination i have, i am nagging him to quit a bit! :eg:
17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i've just had my last cigarette (well almost 2 hours ago now) before the new year. at the stroke of midnight i was cuddled up in bed with my beautiful baby smelling son and my lovely fiance. not a fag in site. i barely even thought about my last cigarette as i smoked it! i was glad it was my last one,i think the anticipation of having the last cigarette was worse than actually smoking the last cigarette. happy new year everyone!
17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My husband and I quit CT also. I really didn't want to but like you he nagged at me till I agreed. He has been very strong with me and we are at our 2 week mark now and I thank him every day for not letting me give in. You can do this and so can your husband. Just keep reminding him it is about your children's health and your childrens want to have their mommy and daddy around for a long time. We are all pulling for you. Wendi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sarah. Remember, you aren't giving up anything. You're [i]stopping[/i]. There's a difference. :) Giving up implies you're getting something out of it. You don't, that's why you're stopping. I'm Cold Turkey as well btw. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 619 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �93 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy for all three of you. Stick close. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Sarah. My kids are my primary motivation too. Good luck with the cold turkey. Many people have done it that way. But if it doesn't work that is no reflection on your motivation or ability to quit. Here's what I want to know. If both you and your significant other are quitting tonight at midnight, what are you going to do about a midnight kiss? I'm sure they do that in Ireland. I hope you're not both hot-boxing a cigarette at 11:59 and 1/2 p.m. Best wishes to you both, stick with us here - it's gonna take all of us for each of us. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 25 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Sarah ! There are a great number of members here to help you every step of the way :) Never worry about rambling on..or ranting on.. that's what this site is for and if you need help PLEASE come here to post and then wait until you get at LEAST 10 responses ok? There's a very good chance that by the time the 10th response arrives your craving will have decreased or even gone away... bottom line, post often and read read read ! Love having your aboard and sending you lots of ((((((hugs))))) of support your way from Canada :) Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,233 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $549 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Sarah! Glad to know the New Year has arrived on schedule on the Continent; not quite here is the US yet. May 2007 keep you free of nicotine! We all look forward to hearing more from you. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,146 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $341 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sarah, Nice start to a wonderful journey! Stay strong and never forget why you quit in the first place! Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,337 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $247.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Formyson, Congratulations on starting your quit! Check in, let us know how you're doing! Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: