Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

ENOUGH WITH THE CRAP THE TIME IS NOW !!!!

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Super, It's a hard struggle to get past the first week but things get better. I got really upset yesterday because of an event in my life. My first thought was "I need a cigarette." Then I realized; My whole life I've been trying to show that I am strong, but this is a weakness and no matter how mad you get you have to stay strong. Because there are people in your life that need you to stay strong. Because I personally feel that the people that can be in this situation and beat it are truly the strong ones.
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Super! Do you really want to quit? No buts about it? No pun intended! lol. Then you got to get mad! PLUM MEAN DOG MAD!!!!! Take no prisoners! Learn to hate them with all your heart! And hate what they are doing to your life! Hate the tobacco companies for taking all your money!!!! Hate them because you can not breath. I hate these things and thats my way of dealing with it. I am so pissed off, I want to choke R.J. RENOLDS for all his advertisments that permote a death wish! So take the bull by the horns, get tough, and deal with this any way u can! Realize, EVERY ONE HERE wants to help you in any way then can! I love these people because they are helping me get my life back! Count on them! they will help you and so will I!!! Jim (jaset) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 57 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yo Super Crack on buddy...we are all with each other. Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Super, You are not alone....don't ever forget that. Like I said before, remember your reasons for the quit, these are so important. Look at all the others ahead of us. They have fantastic insight and resolve and set the example for us, and have cleared a path. We choose whether or not we walk down the path to be smoke free. Everything we need for support is right here, and I have faith you can do this!! You can make it through hell and heck week....start by just getting through today, and we will deal with tomorrow when you get up in the morning...one day at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 294 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Super: ENERGY! I love it and need it. you do have our attention now. I check the posts every once in a while, but feel more like a visitor right now since I'm new. I'm gonna watch for your name from here on out (although I'm gonna be scarce to non-existent this next week due to the Thanksgiving holiday vacation). You have so much command, I believe you can be successful in whatever you want to do. Do you appreciate that? I do believe it's true and that is a really strong stepping stone for you. Today I also had my last cigarette (at 6:00 a.m.). I posted to another member today that we are in the same boat - you too. I'm ready to put up the sail. Lend a hand, will ya? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Super: Just a little whisper - don't go smoke a cigarette before bed tonight, even though the stars are supposed to be superb. I'm still here and clear. See you tomorrow. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I don't recognize who you are as I joined this site one week into my quit (my quit date being Oct. 31st),, soooo.. maybe you can tell us what sort of replies you were looking for after posting as you say "some pretty negative stuff.."? All I can say to you now is this.. Congratulations on starting day 1 and also congrats on cutting up the remaining cigs ! I wish you every success and hope that you use the tools to the left of the page. That you take it one minute, one hour, one day at a time and also take baby steps. Don't look too far into the future.. stay in the here and now. Also, always know that we are here for you. Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $171 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It's on then......If need a 55 gallon drum of good ol' fasion ass whoopin....you got it bud! Have a great day tomorrow..you deserve it! --Kevin--- [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Super.....you went through hell week twice! That shows you Are strong and commited! For me, at 7 days I was an emotional wreck (I am a 6'2" construction worker, by the way, we dont get "emotional" too much). Just like you I was looking at everything in a negative way, and pissed off at alot of people here...and the world for that matter!....I decided to step back and review things abit, and try and look at it a different way, another perspective if you will. What I came up with is, the mind is a powerful tool (and enemy) of ours, I think at 7 days their is power struggle going on for some. I have heard to "get through day 3-4 you'll be OK....You have to watch out for day 7, as well. It hit me like a ton of bricks, and it sounds like we have something in common as far as the 7th day blues go. So now you know..and so do I...Keep posting...Keep showing your quit meter...I'll be looking for ya at day 7....Use me as a punching bag...I can take it!! Well as long as you dont hit too hard...I might get emotional again..lol..........-Kevin-- [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 257 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $55.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks heaps everyone.I promise i wont get too nasty over the next 7 days Dunedad & Gonnadoit!!! I actually think a good whack in the chops or a stern talkin to from you guys might help a lot !!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: