Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

hello... and very anxious !

17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
All I could do yesterday was come online, check some messages, email etc and then went right back to bed. I was feeling really sick to my stomach, hot, cold, and then back to hot again. Just terrible! Anyone else feel this following the quit? Is my body ridding itself of the toxins? Anyway, still feeling a little quizzy right now :( ,, so am heading to the kitchen to make yet another cup of tea and then back to bed...uuugghhh... Monica [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 185 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
Hiya Windy, Well,, *BIG smile*.. I bought myself a small bottle of perfume! And the name really says it all -- "Euphoria" -- a feeling of happiness, confidence, or well-being. My mom was so thrilled with my quit so she sent me some $$ and said "do what they (members at the SSC) said to do and go out and buy yourself nice!" It's such a pretty perfume..mmmmmmmmmmm.. Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend! Here in Toronto, they've called for rain ALL weekend so I'm going to pick out some DVD's I have just laying around and watch some of those. Snuggle up and simply relax while munching on .. well anything I can get my hands on! LOL!! (((((((((((((((hugz))))))))))))))) Monica :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
'Morning :) Feeling better today ! I think I was simply in panic mode and that seems to have let up a lot. Yes, I have to remove the patch before going to sleep or else I just toss and turn all night long. Well Windy I have worked with hubby's social worker, plus doing a lot of my own research regarding respite and there's little out there for us (me). But, last week (as I said in one of my messages here), I got to the point that I needed to demand help from his family. So when it's possible on his folks end, hubby goes to their place for about 4 hrs each day - Mon. to Fri. It'll never be every day, but if it's 2 or 3 times a week it will be beneficial :) So far this week it's worked out pretty well. I have always been the one to look after everything, and yes, putting all of my needs on the back burner -- Well, times are changing!!! And the only person who can make that happen is ME! This quit is really changing my view on things. I'm doing something that is purely for me .. Yes, I know that smoking effects people around me, but quitting is such a personal vow to one's self and it IS something you can put all of your strength, courage and commitment into. I've learned over the years from other instances in my life that one has to truly believe in something -- believe in it so strongly that you can feel that belief coming straight from your heart. When it comes from your heart than it WILL work. I've put me on the back burner for four long years.. and now it's time for MONICA! ... finally! I've been doing a lot of breathing exercises and today I'm going out to the mall and buy myself a small reward -- into day 10 of the quit and missed reward for the end of hell week..lol.. Thanks for your responses.. they mean everything to me. (((((((((((((hugz))))))))))) :) Monica :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 205 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Ok I think I've figured it out.. what with me feeling ill. Hubby is, for all good reasons, very moody, in a deep depression re his illness(es) and as soon as he returned home from his folks he went right into his own stuff. The words, they fill me with such sadness and I think I am simply going through on and off panic attacks. PLUS, with not smoking it's hitting me harder than usual. I layed down for several hours and we have to be together all day today.. so I'm doing things in another room, and will go to him if he is in need of assistance. I'm quite sure I'm right about this.. and hoping dearly it's not the flu or a cold - Really REALLY don't need that right now. Thanks for the responses.. Monica [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 191 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $81 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Thanks Duckie for the info re the quit meter! Gotta get me some of those tootsie rolls too..mmmmmmmmmmm... :) Have a great day and see you all later. ((((((hugs of support)))))) Monica [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 136 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
:confuse: Why didn't my quit meter appear?? I clicked onto "show my quit meter" *scratching head*
Thank you Duckie.. great suggestions! And I'm going to try each and everyone of them :) Also thank you to the support team for sending me the link to be able to download the quit meter and the IM!!! I have to tell you I'm having a lot of problems in the p.m., especially after dinner right till I go to bed at night. I'm so craving a cigarette..it's almost unbearable. I keep shoving food into my mouth and drinking water. However, this is the furthest I've ever gone without smoking. And Katy's suggestion re ridding myself of the temptation was a great one.. It's so weird not having the little devils around me! They are evil aren't they? Ok.. taking a deep breath and on my way to start my chores>>keeping my hands and mind busy busy busy! LOL! p.s... anyone wishing to be my buddy, feel free to join me at my (soon to be) huge hips!!! Monica
Oh my goodness gracious! I cannot believe all of the wonderful messages I've received this afternoon. :) Danielle, yes creating small changes in my routine is a great suggestion.. especially living under my particular situation. See my husband is in constant need of me on a variety of levels and I do try to get my "alone" time. Instead of just sitting back to watch the 5 p.m. news after dinner I went out for a 1/2 hr. walk and then did a load of dishes. As I said earlier the craving for a cigarette is very strong after dinner. I go for a walk every day, but I'm going to go out more often and if need be I'll call his mom to come and sit with hubby so that I can be out for longer periods of time. I do confess that I feel very alone in my situation with hubby being so ill. It's funny how many people KNOW how bad it all is and over time people just keep disappearing. *shaking my head* and wondering why I've made this decision to quit now.. Maybe it's because it's something for me. Everyone keeps reminding me about the "rewards".. I do appreciate all of the suggestions and have made notes which are now posted all around my p.c. screen :) Thank you very much Free.. lots of info that I will most certainly take to heart ! And thanks to Windy and Duckie.. Right now I've just come away from dealing with a problem with hubby.. and all of your words have saved me from running to the store.. *sigh*.. Looks like it's going to be a long night :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Totally stressful day today with husband.. But my idea regarding going out for a walk when it just gets to be too much has helped immensely! :) Also, I'm arranging for mother-in-law to come here and stay with her son for a few hours here and there so that I can go out to the mall,,window shop,,sit and have a coffee while reading a book etc. Never even thought of these ideas until now, what with not smoking.. Will be very helpful with both the stress of life plus the withdrawals of no smoking. Life has so many twists and turns.. and now I'm going to turn to some cake! LOL! :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Hiya Debbie! Well thanks a bunch hon :) And I see by your stats how well you are doing! WOOHOO for YOU! :) It's a tough endeavour but I'm giving all I can and I too find that coming here has also saved my butt..hehe..no pun intended! LOL! Keep up the good work Debbie.. All the best to you :) Monica [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: