Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Hi everyone, I'm Sue

17 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You guys are so great! It just feels good to have people around who support me. My own family isn't this supportive! I thought the Cigaffeine must have caffeine in them just because of the ffeine at the end of the word. Either way, guess I will just slow down on the morning coffee because I feel like these pills are helping me. Thank you all so much! It's great to be here! I will be back daily now that I am aware of this site! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$59,042.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5382 Hours: 19

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Just wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know that I had my last cigarette on Monday, August 21, 2006 at 9:30 am. I am using several methods to help me and was hoping for some opinions on that. First of all, I am wearing a 21mg patch, taking an all natural pill named Cigaffeine, eating lots of after dinner mints and taking Xanax twice a day for the jitters. I felt pretty good until today. Now I am feeling a bit light headed and almost feel like I have had too much caffeine as well. I recently had angioplasty done to my heart and have finally made up my mind that I HAVE to quit. Just don't understand the way I am feeling today. Is this a normal reaction 4 days into quitting? Or am I really over doing all the stuff I am taking? Any help would be greatly appreciated.[size=4]Text[/size][color=Purple]Text[/color]
  • Quit Meter

$59,042.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks for the support Rusty. The reason for the mints is because it almost feels like I'm inhaling a menthol, even though I never smoked menthol. I can't really explain why but it does seem to help quell the urges. As for the Cigaffeine, I wondered if there was caffeine in it, but not according to the label. It says all natural but isn't caffeine natural? I do drink coffee in the morning. Under normal circumstances (when I am working),I usually only have 2 cups. But, because I am not currently working as a result of the angioplasty, I am drinking a bit more. I guess I will have to cut down on the caffeine. Anyway, I am starting to feel better now. It's great meeting you!
  • Quit Meter

$59,042.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you all very much for the welcome. This is allready helping me. I am trying to cut down on the caffeine and the sugar as well. It's funny, I joined a weight loss site back in March and have lost a total of 12 pounds so far. I did that for my health and I was disgusted with the way I looked. I wish I had had the same resolve for smoking that I did about losing weight. Losing the weight was much easier for me, even though I still have a long way to go to reach my ideal weight. Now, I can't believe it's been 5 days allready since my last cigarette. The longest I ever went was 3 days and that was only because I was in a hospital and couldn't. As soon as I was out, I picked up again. Even after 2 problems with my heart, I still picked one up on release from the hospital. That's pretty bad. But, now, I have absolutely made up my mind that I WILL NOT pick up another cigarette. I don't care if I go stark raving mad and have to be put away. I will not let those things get a hold on me ever again. So, whatever happens, my resolve has finally hit me. Just as it did in March after looking at myself in the mirror and seeing what the weight made me look like. Anyway, I didn't mean to ramble on about my life but it sure makes me feel better to do so. Hope I'm not boring anyone to death! :) Thanks for listening everyone! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 88 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$59,042.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sorry, its the jitters :)0930 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey ladyarwen, Dont give up. Im using lots of stuff too just to keep me calm. Just so you know we quit at the same time. 21 Aug at 9030. That was my last nail in my coffin. Keep up the good fight. mac [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 117 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome!!! I have the same quit date 8/21...4 days smoke free, still cannot believe it. But I am doing the lozenge and it did make me light headed at first too. Just hang in there, I smoked for 20 yrs and I know my body is "shocked" not to have all those chemicals. Expect some changes (body & mind) and look forward to the future.
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi sue I am on day 17 after 50 years. Its been hell but worth it.I am not going back now.Did not believe I could do it.Everything tastes and smells better(except smoke!) I have found it better to not wear a patch at night when trying to sleep IT GETS BETTER EVERY DAY AFTER DAY 10!!! LOTSA LUCK Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �64 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sue it will be hard in the begining but you will get through this one step at a time!! Good luck!!!
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah - cut that caffeine intake in half. Your jitters will go away as well once you do. Also, the carbon monoxide withdrawals cause you to feel spacey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $494 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

Reading this thread: