Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Stages of change

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.762 posts in 47.062 threads.

160,845 Members

Please welcome our newest members: iloveludlow, maddshp, Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991

This is crazy THE CRAVE THE CRAVE...

17 years ago 0 94 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey LOving 11 is wonderful! I cant be of to much help. Today,only my 6th has probably so far been my worse craving day. I kept reading the first three was the worse. So i thought the worse was over. But i think i still have the worse to come yet :(. Hang in there! This is so gonna be worth it when we post on here a year from now.....right? Oh and the weight....it really worries me too. I'm not one to excerise,I am on my feet all day. So when i get home i just want to relax. Just so much to give isnt it/ Well maybe try to get out and do something to get your mind off it. I keep just shaking my head and trying to make it think about something else. LOL Mind games.....whatever works right. You have done great.....just great! Correen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 273 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 164 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks to all of you .. I come here and express myself I have no one else to do this with really... I have no family here..I often get really emotional when or if I talk to my family about my success thus far... my daughter she is proud of me .. now i'm trying to get her to stop smoking again alsobut i know she will do it in her own time..so i come here and let out my frustrations along with my anger.. and it helps me .. to keep goimg strong .. i don't understand to much about what is going on .. figuring it should be over and done with .. but than again i do understand and know it is and will always be a fight and it will involve determination.. i pray that as time goes on that i get stronger and stronger .. and craving will sho nuff be a thing that was... Today I worked on my book I think or I'm looking into maybe doing and e-book .. don't know i have to do some more research .. however it will keep me busy for a while .. the temps are so high .. i really more than likely won't be going out.. i am going to set up my disc to do my exercise in house.. and that is that.. Again thanks to you all .. just taking this one moment.. hour..day.. at a time .. thanks P.Loving [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $43.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
Thanks Martha, I wrote those down and i will read them asap. P.Loving [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $43.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Jerlesvegas, Thanks and I am a writer.. a poetry writer..thanks again .. however.. i just express what i'm feeling.. P.Loving [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $43.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Hello People, I have tried and done everything .. my sinuses are getting bad, which i already had bad sinus before I moved here and was constantly on meds... i moved here and i didn't need to take the meds... well guess what .. a few nights ago i have awaken with stuffie nose and thats not all in the middle of the night my ears are itchie.. well i guess i'm back at square one i have to get back on my sinus meds again. I still want a cig baaaaaad... every move i make .. everytime i go out ... it's like it's getting worse instead of better... i been exercising ..but still look as if i'm getting larger and larger and larger and that is sooooooooooooo damn frustrating to me.. yes it is .. yes it is ... reward myself.. yeah at this time .. i can only reward myself... hoping if i stop eating .. the weight will melt off my fat butt... i cant' take this weight i can't take the cravings.. yes i sleep i just got up .. i have done what one may think are different things but for me they are not .. hell my whole life involved a dang gone cig.. i know some have smoked longer than myself... and like the post i read the other day ... right now .. heck it may just be a hoax to get people to stop smoking... yes yes yes.. say what you like call me a junkie .. but you are too .. one thing about it .. i'm a honest one .. even though i may talk about this.. i'm trying my best not to go back to a life of hell oh don't think i don't enjoy the benefits that i have been having .. i love waking up and taking my wrap off my hair and it still smells as if i just washed it .. i enjoy not huffing and puffing with various things i may do .. my apt is still smelling a little stell but that too will disappear in time... I just want to take that one puff yes one puff i'm not going to lie .. just one puff.. to satisfy my urge .. to forefill what i have develop over the years a need... dang .. you know this do not make sense.. i stop taking the wellbutrin because of the headaches and tummy aches i was feeling .. but the craving were not as strong as they have been since i got off of them .. however i do not want to be dependent on a anti depressant.. i'm not depress hell i just want to smoke .. dang gone it .. shesh .. helpppppppppppppppppp ... i pray each day that this cravi
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Loving, hang in there it will get better, don't worry too much about the weight, concentrate on your quit, one thing at a time, I know it's hard to accept when we put on a little weight but don't try to be super woman . Quitting smoking demands a lot of energy from your body so give it all the attention and later on you can take care of the weight problem . This is my humble opinion :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 480 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Loving, I am having a hard quit too, but we will both make it. I have alot of people praying for me and so do you. Think about what Christ went though on the cross, and this suffering does not seem so bad. He went through all that so that we could be forgiven for our sins and so that we could get the healing we need from this addiction. "by his stripes we are healed" Love, Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,078 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $148.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$75,042.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6533 Hours: 1

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 51

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Loving, We are always here to listen. Congratulations on 12 days, your almost through hell & heck week! Continue to reward yourself for resisting cravings. Additional comfort measures like a long bath, a nap, a walk, ordering in your favorite take-out may also be helpful to get you through the day. Maybe starting a journal would be helpful? You would be able to see the daily progress you are making and would give you an additional outlet for all those conflicting emotions. Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there...it gets better! We are here for you anytime. You just go back and read some old inspirational posts to get strength. Take a walk, bath, job, valium... ;) This will pass [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PS: I also joined Curves yesterday to help me start a new addiction to fill the void of not smoking. Find your 'center' Loving and push those bad thoughts out of your mind. Do not let the nicodemon control you. I hate being controlled by anything and that is exactly what smoking was doing to me. It controlled me. My mom smoked when she was pregos w/ me; she smoked when I was an infant; she smoked during my childhood and well into my teenage yrs. All of my life there was 2nd hand smoke from her. She smoked 2 - 3 packs per day. I picked up my 1st smoke at the age of 16. So if you look at it, I have been smoking literally for all of my life. I will be 39 in Sept. I do not know what it is like to be smoke free but for a few weeks in April---a few weeks in March...and now a few weeks in June / July. Nico-demon cannot and *will not* ever control me *again*. I was like you back in March and April. Ask anyone here. I was a basketcase. I failed. BUT I am back--stronger than ever and I am proving I can quit and I am doing it. Follow my advice Loving. Grab the cd and the book--it will help you fill that void. Take that stand Loving and choose your weapon. Slay the nico-demon before it slays you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$36,781.52

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 428 Hours: 11

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 46

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: