Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,622 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Tomorrow is the day!

17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OK! I've selected tomorrow as my "Quit" day. Been here before but I can only believe that this time will be different. I absolutely have to quit - for health reasons. I am not looking forward to the way I know I will be feeling for the next three days. I know I can survive it, but it won't be pretty. Wish me luck and please - please share your strength with me as I know I will be online tomorrow seeking "sympathy" and "support". God Bless all who are in the midst of this terrible struggle. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thanks for the wisdom and support.
I loved your note about "not burning down the house". I am so paranoid about fires that I always go back downstairs at least once after getting in bed just to double check that the ashtray is in the kitchen sink. That's one obsession I can check off my list.....LOL
It's a real hoot! I keep looking at all of your Quit Meters and thinking "Wow - I can't wait to see some actual numbers in mine!"
17 years ago 0 27 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cj Dig deep, accept the three day's of pain, sleep as much as you can and tell your brain your giving up DRUG`S not cigarettes. Not a big Meter but it's moving [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 226 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 164 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CJ, Go for it whenever you decide just be prepared for all that can and probably will occur... but remember you have us here as your family ...there is not stipulation on time ...whenever...you need just post.. post post.. remember one day at a time ... take it hour by hour if you need too .. you take control .. you can kick this to the curb...thats the fun part... ;) We made Nicotine a part of us our lives.. it didn't make us a part of it's life .. it has none..it just grows and grows hopeing someone will grab it and take it own ...it's like a fight who will win .. of course the Nicotine has won a lot of us over.. once you take that puff.. wow .. more than likely you become hooked .. now you are an addict... time goes on .. now you are a Junkie.. trying to quit .. you quit and take a puff feeling you are strong .. and wow Nicotine got yo happy self again .. wow .. So remember it's a fight and you can win .. you are a Winner.. it, Nocotine, only lives within us if we allow it too and for any length of time we allow it to do so .. It's your life take control be in control .. You are a Winner.. you can do it .. be it tomorrow, today .. yesterday .. you can beat this .. and remember when you do take that step .. always keep in mind .. NOPE.. NOT ONE PUFF EVER... GOOD LUCK .. AND MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU .. P.Loving :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 313 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
You will CJ... And you know what that helps me also ..it make me feel so good and extra special .. how far i have come .. and how much further i'm looking forward too... You can do it .. I know you can.. P.Loving [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 313 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Great Decision CJ You will have all the support you can get and some from here this is a great site... I love it ... Also you know It's a little beyond the 10 day for me i have some hrs here now as well... :) However, the fire thing..I can recall how bad smoking had got with me to the point were i look back and I have burnt sheets, bedspreads and carpet...and the carpet part was since i moved here... this was scary for me but apparently not that scary i still didn't quit... instead .. i just begin sitting up in bed.. and i guess my body got use to that as well i begin nodding than also ... either i was going to kill myself by smoking in bed.. or the nicotine was going to get me .. my lungs were a hot mess and stayed that way ... now that i no longer smoke .. i don't wake up in the middle of the night coughing clearing mucus out my lungs so i can breath .. I don't wake up with that morning coughing anymore ... and i can talk to people now without stopping every 5 min.s to clear my lungs because of the coughing and mucus.. so I'm really proud of me and I"m blessed that I was able to get the courage to quit this nasty junkie habit... You too can do this .. good luck to you .. come here and read read read..and post post post... P.Loving :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 322 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi CJ, Deffo lookin forward to you joining us-this rollercoaster will soon come to a halt and you can then relax and enjoy th quit!! If you can do one day, then you can do two. If you can do two days, then you can do four...etc.. That is the way I do it!!! Good Luck Jacko(UK) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 821 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CJ this is the best decision of your life. It will prolong your life and you will enjoy it even more. Hair smells good, breath smells good,clothes smell good, no coughing, no spitting Yark! No worrying about burning down the house etc etc etc Good luck and keep posting Marie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 449 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $116 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: