Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Messed Up...AGAIN

17 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sounds like a stormy time in your life! I suggest having a little ceremony with the last cig. Wet the rest of the pack and bury it as you say a little prayer or something. The craves are going to come. Nicotine withdrawal sucks. The craves just show us what a powerful addiction nicotine is. My heart goes out to you. Let us know how you are doing. You can do this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$90,916.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 6

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Stormy. Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking and welcome to the SSC. It is very rare that anyone quits the first time out. Most people have to experience multiple attempts before they finally achieve the deep mindset required to make it. Don't consider any past attempts as failures. Turn them into learning experiences. Look back on them, determine why you went back to smoking, and note that as a weak spot needing extra protection. I strongly suggest you work through this site's Online Quit Program. There is a ton of helpful tips and information available in it, all geared to making this quit successful. I'm betting your positive thoughts were replaced by junkie thoghts and those are what got you. We've all had them. I've actually had to laugh out loud at some of mine, they were so rediculous and desparate sounding. Just remember they are lies, nothing more, and ignore them no matter how loud they scream. As long as you keep trying, Stormy, you have not failed. You may actually require a few more learning experiences; that's okay if you do. Just never give up. You can do this, Stormy. Stay close, read much, post often. Let us know how you're doing and if you need help. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 415 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,310 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1577 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 77 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stormy - you just described all my other quits!!!! What's different this time is I quit WITH my doctor. I used the patch, and some anti-anxiety drugs to get me started. I didn't need them for that long. I used the patch about 11 weeks and was done with it, the anti-anxiety drugs (Xanax for me) for about 6 weeks and was done with that. All in all it helped me keep the quit and to build coping mechanisims that replaced the patch and the Xanax over time. I now cruise through most days without even a crave. Stormy - you are not a failure, you're just afraid to start. I know the feeling well. You, like me, will find your path and you will get this done. Get to work.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 127 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,461 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1079.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$100,007.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9159 Hours: 1

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: