Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,836 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

Hello, I'm a newbie!!

18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI NORKEE, I JUST STARTED NOT SMOKING TODAY IF U NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO FEEL FREE TO ADD ME TO YOUR BUDDY LIST. MAYBE WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER THROUGH THE HARD TIMES.
18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, I have been wrestling with the idea of quitting for some time now. I have been a smoker since i was 16...and I just kept telling myself that I would quit when i got older. Well, 7 years went by and after 4 unsuccesful and half-hearted attempts, i decided to search the web and I found this site. So far, (its only been an hour, haha) I feel better going into this attempt than I felt about any of my others, which were 3 times cold turkey and once using a patch. I had my sister with me, hiding my cigarettes and doling them out to me slowly, but i think the reason that didn't work is because i knew they were there, and if i begged hard and long enough, i would get what i wanted (looking back--i actually did BEG! for a gd cigarette!) i'm sure this will be tough but i'm counting on the support i can give and recieve on this site in order to help. Thanks for taking the time to read this...if there's anything I can do to make it any better for anyone, please let me know. btw...it's amazing to see the # of cigs ppl have NOT smoked. I never really thought about how quickly those things add up! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello. I too am a newbie. I love this site. I need support. I am quitting tomorrow, like tenth attempt in year and a half back smoking. I had quit for 6 years- almost 8 years ago when I was pregnant, quit actually around same time, didn't know I was pregnant. but anyways, started again and have tried everything to quit, how much money i've spent I don't want to think about. But, I am also spending so much smoking and it's affecting my breathing again. That was why I quit 8 years ago. I also did it with someone at work so I had the support. This is what I have been lacking. I think this site will definetly help and I've printed out some info to carry around like what to expect (even tho I know this) the first days and weeks after quitting. I am going to use the 2 mg nicorette gum the mint one cus it tastes good. In between I am going to chew regular gum and just get up and walk around as much as possible. I remmeber the last time I did it I would try to keep my mind off it and then the craving would pass. These past attempts I've just caved every time. I will do it this time. Thanks.
18 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello and welcome!!I am fairly new too. I quit Monday night - as I had just posted (like you and got a lot of support, so quit there and then). It worked as I am still not smoking! Good to see you here! Congratulations on your quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 84 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 75 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there norkee, I am a newbie too. This site is amazing, and full of so many great people who all have a similar interest....ditching the habit. I have found so much support and motivation here, and it has helped me get through the short amount of time i have so far! Good luck, keep us all posted Never give up giving up! kolativey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 39 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey and Welcome! i'm new here as well..My quit date is 19/06. I think a lot about it this week and i've already reduced it a lot. It's not like i smoke toooo much because i will quit in 2 days.I already feel better without smoking like before. It's better already... And yes you're so right..it's amzing when you see the cigarettes not smoked!! the days without a cigarette! There's a lot of support in here indeed! Welcome! :p :confuse:
18 years ago 0 394 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/thagoona/flashing_text.gif[/IMG] I am quite new too-still learning to navigate around,, But to the left there are some VERY Useful Tools- Post often--we are all here to support.. I am so glad for your desicion to quit! Ann Down under [IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/thagoona/cartoons_clipart_image7.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 447 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 73 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome and congrats on your decision to quit! You won't regret it! Stay close to these borads and give a shout whenever you need someting! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 262 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $59.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome everyone! and congradulations on a great lifechanging decision. I was thinking today that there are a lot of things you can read about and do to improve your health, like take fish oil suppliments, work out, lose weight, eat only whole graines, whatever. But nothing and I mean nothing, improves your health even 1/100 as much as quiting smoking! We have the june-bugs, which is a club for june 2006 quitters. I will bump the thread so you can meet some of the other june quitters. Mama [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 617 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $85.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
  • Quit Meter

$75,035.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6532 Hours: 13

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 8

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[center][b][IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/p57mid.jpg[/IMG] Nicotine is a drug. It turns you into a junkie. Break free from addiction today. Stop spending your money on something that does absolutely nothing for you. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/p4big.gif[/IMG] You are giving up nothing by quitting. The drug wants you to think you are. Don't believe the nicotine lie. You are giving yourself a reward by quitting. You will be giving yourself more time each day to do things that matter to you and others. You are giving yourself hair and breath that smell nice. You are giving yourself better odds at living a longer life. You are giving yourself more money in your bank account. You are giving yourself a means of pulling the label of social outcast off of your being. You are giving yourself the gift of self respect and self confidence. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/p9big.gif[/IMG] Go for it. You can do it![/b][/center] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,064 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$54,571.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 17

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: